Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do you get rid of the "Assembly Has Changed" warning?

Rotary Ninja

Well, I made the mistake of opening the cat40 holder library and selecting a holder for a tool (just playin around). I have ran into this before and ended up deleting the whole program and starting over because it got to be so annoying. Now every time I create a toolpath that warning pops open. The blue cross is grayed out Tom.

about the only thing that might work is creating a new mcx file, and importing the ops with the geo

ive had many issues using the holders especially when i have to renumber tools and spent hours trying to fix files , im pretty sure the next x version is going to have that bastid fixed

I get this heaps ninja, I use holders all the time for verification. Every time you add a holder to a tool in an operation you have to update the tool in every other operation...I cant wait til the day when a holder is assigned directly to a tool and not to an operation! Also I am not certain why adding a holder would make all of operations dirty and need to regenerate them all??? So annoying! Thanks for asking the question anyway, I thought it was me too!

If you go to the holders page and press new holder and then new holder library this should delete the holder associated with the toolpath and it should display no holder. You will probably have to do this for every operation but sometimes I get lucky and it will remove the holder for all operations that use that tool. Nothing seems to consistant with some of these Mastercam bugs. I hope this helps.

I think I tried this David. It's no real biggie. If I need to use a holder to verify I just create a custom tool with the holder drawn in. I've only done this when I was programming a horizontal though back before holders were an option. This was just for an assignment in a class. This problem will hopefully be fixed in X7 ;)

Thanks.

I cant wait til the day when a holder is assigned directly to a tool and not to an operation! Also I am not certain why adding a holder would make all of operations dirty and need to regenerate them all??? So annoying! Thanks for asking the question anyway, I thought it was me too!

In X7 the tool/holder thing will be different and the tool database will be standalone, you will be able to set assemblies, etc... Pretty good stuff, but it's still in beta.. :/

So that is is sooo close. :)