Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

specifying dialog window locations?

djstedman

I have a question thats been bugging me for a while now, whenever I open any dialog windows - op manager, levels, backplot, verify etc.. they tend to open in the same place all the time..

Generally that means every time I close and re-open a dialog im moving it back to where I would prefer it to be.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any way to specify dialog location and size so that mastercam remembers where the dialogs were last time they were open so they open up there again the next time they are open.

I have two monitors and an AMD firepro video card with the catalyst control center btw if that makes any difference..

Also .. I can force the dialogs to appear on whichever monitor I prefer .. just not in the locations I prefer..

Anyhow.. I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this and or found any solutions.

Thanks for the info .. thats good to know for the toolbar stuff, for me though it has no effect on dialog windows such as the layers window, the backplot dialog pop-up and the verify popup.

They seem to always want to pop up in the center of the screen regardless where I have moved them the last time they were up, this is seriously annoying since though I have tons of space on my monitor the dialog windows always end up covering each other up so im stuck constantly reshuffling them around as they are opened and closed.

If this is the way they behave for everyone I guess I will just grin and bear it .. however if there is any way to modify this behavior to avoid this constant dragging and moving of windows I would love to hear it.

I have had dual monitors on a multiple systems for MC now over the past two or three years and so far I have yet to come up with a solution to this.. more than anything im looking for any suggestions how others have handled this..

Yeah I did try that.. the only one that stayed where it last was, was the operations manager, all the others seem to always open in the center of the screen.. if thats not how its working for others I guess I need to look into my video card options.. since I beleive it does have some window management options in there..

Thanks for confirming that its not in fact working this way for everyone else..

Well after much messing around I finally figured out what was causing this behavior so I figured I would post the solution in case it helps anyone else in the future..

If using a Firepro card and you have the Catalyst Control Center .. this is how you can get Mastercam to work correctly ie. with dialog windows maintaining position and size where you last had them..

1 - Open catalyst control center by right clicking your desktop

2 - Choose the HydraVision button

3 - Choose the Desktop Manager button

4 - Check Enable Desktop Manager and hit apply

5 - Now that its enabled you can uncheck the two checkbox's for Allow Spanning across displays and Enable Dialog Repositioning

6 - Now uncheck Enable Desktop Manager

7 - Hit Apply one last time

8 - Close Catalyst control center .. Mastercam should now work as expected with windows staying where you last put them..