Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Activereport Setup Sheet on FTP

uncle_dolan

Uncle dolan,

Thanks for uploading your Active Reports template to the FTP, it helped me a lot. I spent the weekend studying the Active Reports tutorial with out much success.

If I may ask a question. Can the Operation Name: be changed to use the Toolpath Group name instead of the Machine Group name?

I tried a simple edit with the Active Reports Designer that didn't work.

Barry

X5 MU1

Hi Barry, How did you go with this? Did you get it working properly?

Hello dolan,

I haven't had a chance to give it a look yet but I will soon as possible.

Last month I was a temp. setup machinist on night shift. But then the shop got sold, the principals got fired and I became shop manager/program for eight machinist.

I'm sooo over my head and think there asking too much...but if I can pull it off...

My prior experience is a prototype machinist out of my garage so setup sheets for other people is new to me.

Thanks for the help and I'll be back soon,

Barry

Hi Loader,

Nice Looking report! and very functional. The predefined fields in mcam that you are referring to, are they the ones that come up when you click to create your setup sheet?

Yes, exactly. When i making setup sheet, i just choose "Z on top" for example, only thing i have to type everytime is project/product name.

Hello dolan,

I haven't had a chance to give it a look yet but I will soon as possible.

Last month I was a temp. setup machinist on night shift. But then the shop got sold, the principals got fired and I became shop manager/program for eight machinist.

I'm sooo over my head and think there asking too much...but if I can pull it off...

My prior experience is a prototype machinist out of my garage so setup sheets for other people is new to me.

Thanks for the help and I'll be back soon,

Barry

Sounds like you've got a fun time ahead of you! Any help you need with the setup sheet just give me a yell. more than happy to help you out!

You could start from by using an existing sheet as a template. You could use mastercam's default activereports and just modify it to suit your purposes...that way all of your standard subreports and image caps etc will already be setup for you, and just require some tweaking. I found the Activereport tutorial somewhere online, cannot recall where, but it is good to give you an understanding of the concepts involved...even if you just read it through will help with your knowledge.

Thank you, I have the active reports PDF and gone through some 60-pages of 100 of training,I get the idea, yet I am still far away. For example, I downloaded the X+ for X7 or X6 for that fact, and when It installs its goes somewhere into infinity as it does not show up on the toolbar menu. Our crazy system is set-up on a server, and I think the direction of the install went awry. I have also not figured out on how to get the manual entry to output from the operations manager in the setup sheet, I use this for set-up information. I know If I was still in Illinois, I know this re-seller could help me through this issue, Any help on the two issues I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Thank you, I have the active reports PDF and gone through some 60-pages of 100 of training,I get the idea, yet I am still far away. For example, I downloaded the X+ for X7 or X6 for that fact, and when It installs its goes somewhere into infinity as it does not show up on the toolbar menu. Our crazy system is set-up on a server, and I think the direction of the install went awry. I have also not figured out on how to get the manual entry to output from the operations manager in the setup sheet, I use this for set-up information. I know If I was still in Illinois, I know this re-seller could help me through this issue, Any help on the two issues I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,

IIRC after you install X+ you have to right click in a blank area of the tool-bars & customize. You should have a X+ category & just drag & drop your desired functions into a new toolbar.

HTH

Yes, exactly. When i making setup sheet, i just choose "Z on top" for example, only thing i have to type everytime is project/product name.

That's great! Very similar to the way I've got mine rigged up. Makes life easier having those drop down options to select from

I have also not figured out on how to get the manual entry to output from the operations manager in the setup sheet, I use this for set-up information.

The activereport I uploaded to the ftp uses manual entry and output to front page of setup sheet. You could look at that and use it as a reference.

Brendan

Hi Barry, How did you go with this? Did you get it working properly?

Brendan,

The change is working perfectly, thank you.

Only other changes I made was add the image setup page and changed your logo to the company logo...hope you don't mind.

The boss and the crew think it a pretty cool too.

Thanks again,

Barry

The activereport I uploaded to the ftp uses manual entry and output to front page of setup sheet. You could look at that and use it as a reference.

Brendan

Uncle, Thank you, how do I access the FTP? Sorry for the newbie question.

Third string, the issue is that it X+ does not show up on the right click tool bar menu for me to choose.

Sir,

How did you get the comments to display? Was this from a manual entry on the tree or another source?

Ty in advance.

This is through Manual Entry comments in your Operations Manager. Did you end up getting that activereport from the ftp to see an example of how it works?

Brendan

This is through Manual Entry comments in your Operations Manager. Did you end up getting that activereport from the ftp to see an example of how it works?

Brendan

Thank you for responding, I Dl'd the reports, although I could not get the (Manual Entry comments in your Operations Manager) to post in the active report trying the various files on the FTP. I am sure I a click off somewhere, although I have not had another minute to sort it out.

Edit: Got it, TY!!!

Jeff

• 6 months later...