Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS VF1 PARAMETER PASS CODE

Brando

You are on the wrong page.

M19 on your machine is turned on in the backgroung for the M06 command. Its a add on for everything else. Thus the passcode requirement.

THat passcode is only available from Haas and is based on the serial # of the machine. Its 5 diget, but its not needed here.

You need to adjust the parameter count # that tells the machine where the spindle is positioned so the tool changer will work.

I have a 2010 Mill.I'll look in the morning to see where its at.

It will require you to change a few settings to change it.

Machineguy

You could adjust parameter #257 (spin orient offset) & through trial & error keep adjusting till you get it right. - that is if its close. The correct way is to change the parameter based off the data given you from the "debug" setting.

1.) turn off par lock - setting #7 (i think)

2.) goto alarm screen & type in "DEBUG" & hit enter

3.) goto the pos page & go down to "raw data"

4.) move the spindle & watch what numbers change on the screen. rotate the spindle to zero, then rotate the spindle POSITIVE so the keys are in position. Record that value & enter it into par#257

5.) I think you need to go back to alarm page & type in "DEBUG" then enter.

6.) goto par & turn parameter lock back "ON"

That should do it.

thanks for all the help guys!!, got it fixed, turns out our vf1 dosent have a vector drive spindle which is spindle motor controlled orient, (which the explanation above is correct) ours uses a solenoid activated shot pin to orient the spindle, its a older model

heres what i did to fix it,

orient the spindle via the button,

loosen the bolts on the ring the shot pin goes into and break the taper lock so i can turn the spindle by hand with the orient activated

align the spindle drive keys with the x axis to .005 or less

then tighten the ring bolts and check the key alignment, the tolerance can be up to .03 difference, but obviously the closer it is the less wear on the tool changer

and thats it!!

and also the reason our spinlde burned up was bc the oil air mixing unit was clogged up, so ill be taking pics later of where to look on your haas,,, save a 5g repair for a 20 min fix to clean out a little funk build up