Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot Project or Xform Translate

Jefff

I've been using work arounds for several months now and it's starting to get kinda old.

I'm unable to project simple geometry, unless I project to zero, even one line, nor can I Xform Translate unless I create geometry and use From / To with that geometry as a guide, which is one of my work arounds.

Currently using X6, MU2, Win7

I'm sure it's something minor, maybe a setting or more training.

Thanks in advance!

I have never encountered this problem! Could you post some images of your process and problem? and also maybe some specs on your graphics card? could potentially just be a rendering problem.

Just to be sure, you aren't projecting the geometry onto a level that is not visible? Also, when you say you have been using work arounds for months...what are your work arounds exactly? Did you have this problem in previous versions of mastercam?

Thank You for taking a look!

I’ll try and answer your questions.

I’m able to enter a value, but nothing happens when I click Apply.

Not using New Attributes.

If Ramsaver were a mechanical button I would have worn it out by now.

I’ve shut down and restarted, same results.

If I start a new session and create a circle I noticed if I try and project that circle and have the Copy radio button selected, a duplicate is created in the same space.

In that same session with just a circle, I tried some different project functions:

I am able to project to a plane and to a surface

Project to a value works rarely and when it does it changes the circle I selected to move to a parametric spline at the value I input.

My work around is to create a line in the direction I want to move and the length equal to the distance to move and use Translate From – To

Using the Translate with a value alone doesn’t work, but if I click the direction button that will work sometimes, if it doesn’t its back to my line I create.

The video card is a Quadro 1000M 5888 MB of memory

Maybe reload MasterCam or Flatten & Reload?