Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mitsubishi/Kitamura Arumatik control questions.

These might be more Mitsubishi questions than Arumatik questions.

The control had a CF card reader. I can write programs to the card from the machine, and I can read programs that I upload to the card from another machine. The problem is that machine is not seeing the programs that I copy to the card from the network where all our programs are stored. I tried taking the .nc off the end of the file, as the programs from other machines do not have an extension and they are still not shown in the directory at the machine. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Thanks

David

The machine can read a file with no extensions. To get it to work for now, I just named the program Oxxxx and then I could see it on the card at the machine. I am wondering if there are some settings or parameters that need to be set to get it to read the .nc file names or files that are not named "OXXXX" Our Fanuc machines can read a file like "000-9099 REV A OP1.NC" without any problems.

Thanks

David

It appears to be some sort of interface problem. I think that the real problem is that Kitamura wanted the control to look and function like a Fanuc, since thats what they used for the last few decades. I think that the Kitamura side of the interface tries to make the Mitsubishi side look like Fanuc. I have found that I can actually get to the Mitsubishi OSD/GUI and attack it from there. While I am not well versed in the Mitsubishi, I got to the file import area and when I looked at the card, I could see all the programs on the card. The problem bacame that after I imported that program into the machine memory and went back to the Kitamura interface the program was not selectable, although I could select it through the Mitsubishi interface. I just deleted it through the Mitsu interface and uploaded a program that the Kitamura interface would use.

Its kind of dissapointing that we had to pay $300+K to be guinnea pigs until Kitamura can work their interface out. I kind of just wish they would have made it strait Mitsubishi and eleminated some of the problems.

• 1 year later...

We have two Kitamuras with the new Arumatik-Mi controls, and they may turn us away from the brand. Horrible decision in my view to put a fanuc-ish front on the Mitsubishi control. The control has a slow feel(button response) and has a quirks that seem to stem from its false front. I could get really rants on this topic actually. I personally have many many hours working through issues that come up, and they just don't happen on our fanuc or haas controls. Technical help is a challenge as well, because you have to consult the kitamura books for some stuff, and the Mitsubishi books for other things. Not everything in the Mitsubishi manuals applies, because the control is trying to act like a fanuc! Really frustrating.

• 4 years later...