Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Variable

George_Gerhard

Is there a variable available that records the last Y axis position? Example if the code reads

G00 X10. Y10. I want to capture this Y value. I am doing some work with a compound angle aggregate attachment, and I need my code to say G18G44H01Y10. This is an 8 axis Fanuc 160Imb control with axis swap, and when I swap axes and work planes I need a redundant Y command. If the variable name was YPOS, I would edit my post to say pbld,n, YPOS, e

Any ideas

"prv_" before any varabile is supposed to store any previous value (ie) prv_yinc or prv_yabs. Does not always work and you never know is it is the value you want. You don't need to define this varb.

The best is to define your own varb (ie) last_y and capture it at the correct post block such as pfyout or pyout. The correct post block to capture the y value at the correct time is what you need to play with.

quote:

Does not always work and you never know is it is the value you want

I beg it differ - it always works and you do know what the value in the 'prv' variable is.

A 'prv_[varname]' is automatically created by MP for every numeric variable.

The prv_[varname] variable is always loaded with the value of the [varname] variable every time the value in [varname] is output to the NC file, or you can explicitly force this update from the value in [varname] to prv_[varname] by using the '!' prefix.

Example:

!xabs, *yabs

Would copy the current value in 'xabs' into 'prv_xabs'. Note that using the '!' this update occurs WITHOUT any output being written to the NC file.

'prv_yabs' would also get loaded from 'yabs' in this example because it's value was FORCED to output to the NC using the '*' prefix.