Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming head-table 5-axis. Common practices.

?Mark

Jeremy, I give it 12 months max before you show up to do a turnkey/training/implementation/whatever at a shop, and they make you a job offer that's too absurdly good to refuse. 12 months. ;)

Our local Matsuura AE (used to run around in here) is like that. We've made him a few offers in excess of $125k salary for 40~50 hours and he still politely declines to even think about it. He tells us he loves where he works and wouldn't dream of leaving. Sometimes I guess it's about more than the money.

Now, the kinematics on our machines (Matauura MAM72's) are Table/Table so we just use WSEC and nothing else.

Our local Matsuura AE (used to run around in here) is like that. We've made him a few offers in excess of $125k salary for 40~50 hours and he still politely declines to even think about it. He tells us he loves where he works and wouldn't dream of leaving. Sometimes I guess it's about more than the money.

Now, the kinematics on our machines (Matauura MAM72's) are Table/Table so we just use WSEC and nothing else.

I just had my Makino A51 set up with a rotary table so it is a table/table configuration. What sort of settings should I be using for smoothing? Is the G5.1 Q3 5-axis specific as opposed to G5.1 Q1?

Several builders Implement their own High Speed look-ahead settings. I've only ever seen G5P10000, G5.1Q1, G5.1Q1Rx (x being a number from 0 to 10), G121Rx (x being a number from 0 to 10), G131Rx (x being a number from 0 to 10), G131 Mx/Fx/Px (x being a number between 1 and 3). Niall the cases I've seen, the higher the number, the higher the preference for precision.

I'm not going to say there is not a Q value other than 1, but I will say I have not seen it.

Several builders Implement their own High Speed look-ahead settings. I've only ever seen G5P10000, G5.1Q1, G5.1Q1Rx (x being a number from 0 to 10), G121Rx (x being a number from 0 to 10), G131Rx (x being a number from 0 to 10), G131 Mx/Fx/Px (x being a number between 1 and 3). Niall the cases I've seen, the higher the number, the higher the preference for precision.

I'm not going to say there is not a Q value other than 1, but I will say I have not seen it.

G8 P1

G5.1 Q1 (AICC)

G5 P10000 (HPCC)

G5.1 Q3 M251-M255 (AI-NANO)

Above are standard Fanuc codes and works on most controllers if the options are installed.

G121 and G131 are Matsuura only codes with R type being the old generation and P(2D), M(3D) and F(5X) being the new. In the old days G131 was IZ-1 and G121 IZ-2 but now both of them will automatically activate the highest Fanuc level installed.

I always used G131.

Money is only ever a short term fix if you are fundamentally unhappy. After a while if you were unhappy before, you soon will be again!

It is definately more than money (and I doubt James would have taken the pay cut :lol: ).

Matsuura developed the G131 ( IPC ) on top of all the Fanuc highspeed codes in order to simplify the use. IPC comes in 3 different versions. IZ1-15 which is standard on all Matsuura 30i machines. Then as options you can get IZ1-30 and IZ2-150 which adds more Fanuc stuff behind the scenes. But the use is still the same. G131 and the desired machining level. Then all available Fanuc codes is automatically activated behind.