Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

AgieCharmilles Mikron HEM 500u 5 axis machine

dolphin1

I just looked at their website, at that machine...

I run an HSM 400u, which is fully 5 axis.

Looking on their website, it looks as if they offer a similar machine, the HPM 450U

A little bit smaller, but same RPM, and FULLY simultaneous 5 axis, not just 3+2

I am going to look closer and do a comparison, but that 450u machine might be an option...

Looking closer online, somewhat 2 different animals. Certain similarities, but other things are more different than not.

Personally, running the HSM 400u for the past 7 years, I love the Heidenhain control.

Personal preference, so just take that for what it's worth.

The MAIN thing to be wary of is the ability to get the machine (any Mikron machine) fixed, in a timely manner.

The Applications Engineers really, really know their stuff, but the Service Department is spread WAY too thin, and in the past 7 years, it has not been uncommon to wait 1-2 weeks for someone to get out to see the machine and to fix it...

Not knocking the people, just that they are spread too thin, and the customer takes the hit, right in the wallet and in grey hairs and blood pressure...

2 weeks is an eternity in most trades...

You can't compare the HEM 500U to the HPM 450U.

We just ordered a fully equip 450U. This machine is build in Schwitzerland and has a full 5X capable torque driven table. The HEM 500U is build in China and has a indexing table with worm gear.

The HPM is also at least 50% more expensive.