Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain / TNC 530 pilots

Hi Guys

It's been awhile and I cannot recall how to get the control to

Do a "Cycle interupt" command ?

(Actually a Hurco term i forgot what Heidenhain calls it)

I've done it before on the Mikrons .

Somehow you stop the machine and jog away from the part to check something whatever.

Then you somehow get back into the run mode and the machine will go back

Exactly in the reverse order you jogged out in (X then Y then back into the cut) and then it takes off again from where you started the Cycle interupt command.

Thank's

Tony

Tony, on the iTNC530 I run, this is what I do.

Part program is running.

Put Control into "Program Run, Single Block Mode"

Jog the tool up and out of the way using Manual or Electronic Handwheel

Do whatever you need to do to part.

Put back into "Program Run, Full Sequence"

Once I hit Cycle Start again, A screen pops up that says "Return to contour: Sequence of axes"

Z

X

The machine will re-enter the part in the Reverse order as I took the tool away from the part, and then one more Cycle Start, and the program continues right where I stopped it in Single Block Mode...

On this machine (Mikron), if I "unlock" the door, which turns the spindle off, once I am done doing what I need to do to the part, I have to "re-lock" the door, Manually turn the spindle back on in Manual "Operation Mode", then put the control back into "Program Run, Full Sequence", and it will go from there, re-entering the last position it was in, and then getting back to cutting.

If I don't have to "unlock" the door, and can just jog the tool up and out of the way, then I can just put the control back into "Program Run, Full Sequence", and not have to worry about the tool rotation..

This iTNC530 is from 2003, and it's a very "early" 530 control, but this seems to work for me...

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...