Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Control comp - thread mill

Loader

Hi,

im just wondering, how to use control compensation of thread mill for threads.

I found option of it, but when i activate it, the tool is going straight to the "wall" how to do there an entry radius after perpendicular line and keep starting point at the centre? Im using "bottom to top" btw.

Thanks for advice

I have my defaults set as follows:

check "start at center"

un-check "perpendicular entry

check "helical entry/exit at top of thread"

check Helical entry/exit at bottom of thread"

un-check "linearize helixes"

I also have my compensation type set to "wear"

some other things that can effect that is the Entry / exit arc clearance.

I haven't ever been able to get this working using control comp.. best I have ever been able to get (and I have messed with it a LOT) is a perpendicular entry which tends to snap expensive threadmills..

I guess it must be because most people use Fanuc controls using wear comp rather than control comp so thats the bigger market sector, unfortunately I work in a shop with tons of legacy programs written for Mazaks using control comp.. so its pretty much impossible to get them to change and i'm stuck with control comp as my only real option

Anyhow.. hopefully im wrong and someone will point out how to make a helical entry using control comp.

Till then I will keep using the vardex threadmill software that creates control comp'd gcode and pasteing it in via manual entry ..

Play with the entry/exit arc clearance value. This has a huge effect on how the tool enters the cut, and acts differently weather you are using control or wear ccomp. I prefer wear like most others on this forum because it is much more flexible. In the dark ages before wear ccomp I used to make a dummy contour toolpath to get my entry/exit values and write the helix moves by hand (gasp!) It's a PIA but it gets the job done when all else fails. I have also used the programming apps by Vardex and Threadtek to calculate threadmilling paths. Hope this helps.