Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How can I convert a model from metric to inch?

powerfulp

From the menu choose Settings - > Configuration (or choose Alt-F8)

Then at the bottom for configuration you can switch from metric config to english or vice versa..

When you switch configs it will ask you if you want to scale the part ..

Alternatively you could scale your part by 25.4 to get it into inches

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, sorry for the rookie question, but I went to xform scale, how do I divide by anything? It comes up with a window, and there is an option of either "Uniform" or "XYZ". It defaults to uniform. Then under "Uniform", you get a choice of "Factor" and "Percentage".

I don't know what this all means.

Ok, sorry for the rookie question, but I went to xform scale, how do I divide by anything? It comes up with a window, and there is an option of either "Uniform" or "XYZ". It defaults to uniform. Then under "Uniform", you get a choice of "Factor" and "Percentage".

I don't know what this all means.

Uniform is what you want to use. Factor means you Scale it based on a ratio, and percentage is obviously scaling to a percentage of current size. to scale from metric to imperial, enter a factor of 1/25.4. Mastercam will calculate that for you. You can also select to move or copy your geometry, and where you want your scale origin to be...i normally leave it at default (0,0,0)

HTH Brendan

scale_zps9b26c301.png

To do calculations in almost any text field you simply type 1+2 and hit enter. Just use your number pad. 6/3 enter will give you 2.

P.S. I should have added an arrow pointing to the question mark and said click there next time ;) Really, check out those help menus. They will bring up a dialog and explain any window you are on. Especially if you click the "Field Definitions" tab in the help windows.

• 8 years later...
6 hours ago, mjohns92 said:

Hello, the easiest way to convert metric to inch is to use online converter, pretty simple. 
https://amazingconverter.com/metric-conversion/metric-conversion-from-inches#
First google search, it is correct 2,54cm = 1inch, there you go, good luck :)

he means the entire file.

to convert you can just type 12mm in the box field and mastercam will convert to inches if that's what your set to