Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma MU-10000H

Just now, Mick said:

I've had the pleasure of seeing Gcodes machine, and also one at the Okuma Aerospace center in Charlotte. They sure are impressive and capable machines.

I have programmed a part for that machine and once they got past the mistake I didn't catch on the model they have made some serious money on those parts for the last 4 years.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Gcode,

Have you had the rotaries tested for rotational accuracy now that you have some hours on the machine?  I'd be curious if they are still sub 5 arc seconds.

no..  we have not had the machine lazered in a couple of years

we purchased the 5X tuning package with the machine and run it every three months or so

we have not seen any noticeable changes in the values set by the 5X tuning package.

Every part that comes off this machine gets run through the CMM  and we are having

no issues with parts failing CMM inspections....

• Like 1
16 hours ago, gcode said:

we purchased the 5X tuning package with the machine and run it every three months or so

we have not seen any noticeable changes in the values set by the 5X tuning package.

Every part that comes off this machine gets run through the CMM  and we are having

no issues with parts failing CMM inspections....

Sounds like a winner, I would be curious how much that has to do with the machine build, I am guessing you have never whacked it whatsoever.  Being as large as it is I bet it can take a broken tool here and there without screwing things up. 

Had any incidents whatsoever?

2 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Sounds like a winner, I would be curious how much that has to do with the machine build, I am guessing you have never whacked it whatsoever.  Being as large as it is I bet it can take a broken tool here and there without screwing things up. 

Had any incidents whatsoever?

The biggest trouble we've had is with the Z axis way cover

It can make chips so fast the weight of them crushed the Z axis way cover

Okuma sent engineers from Japan twice and went though 4 revisions before they solved the problem

We've had operators suffering from ACI rapid tools into stock a couple of times

That destroyed a couple of Ø2" button cutters, but didn't impress the machine at all.

2 hours ago, gcode said:

We've had operators suffering from ACI rapid tools into stock a couple of times

That destroyed a couple of Ø2" button cutters, but didn't impress the machine at all.

Enlighten on the meaning of ACI, but otherwise hilarious.  Sounds like the machine can take what I would consider a minor bump.

If I look at my machines wrong the rotationtional centers change...  But they are just flimsy gantry routers.