Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

YCM Gouge in high speed tool path

Kelly Lapp

Turned on the high speed maching and looks good so far. It just increases the machine time. Am leaving .02" for a finish pass. So i really dont need the machine to slow down in the corners like it does. and will try and post a pic. I am feeding at 175 ipm stepping down .05". Program runs good on our milltronics and Haas.

That's one of the downsides of a Taiwan machine like the YCM. Very nicely built, but they don't have an army of engineers to dial in those little details for all the different machine models. You should be able to adjust some parameters to make that machine cut much faster and more accurately than the Haas or the Miltronics.

Yes i agree and thanks for the help. Will be checking into the parameters to see what i can adjust.

is it a fanuc controller, i should be able to help for the parameter(s) to adjust, just did it on a kitamura hx400 and a doosan dhp400 both from '00, both machines are now a far cry from stock parameters

its ridiculousness how some machines are setup

...its ridiculousness how some machines are setup...

Often machines are shipped with "worse case scenario" servo settings, meaning MAX weight plus "some". What you call ridiculous, I call safe and designed to not let the machine harm itself. Ever overload a machine by a bunch and run the rapids at 100% Anyone that has knows the endless string of servo alarms that often require shutdown and restart.

Often machines are shipped with "worse case scenario" servo settings, meaning MAX weight plus "some". What you call ridiculous, I call safe and designed to not let the machine harm itself. Ever overload a machine by a bunch and run the rapids at 100% Anyone that has knows the endless string of servo alarms that often require shutdown and restart.

actually i was referring to how some machines bang around at high feedrates and cut corners

is it a fanuc controller, i should be able to help for the parameter(s) to adjust, just did it on a kitamura hx400 and a doosan dhp400 both from '00, both machines are now a far cry from stock parameters

its ridiculousness how some machines are setup

Hey Brandon, Yesterday I was trying to see what line of code it was gouging on. I ran the program and waited with my hand on feed hold waiting for it to gouge......It never did. It was the same program that gouged the day before. Now I am baffled. Dont know what to do next.