Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Auto Hole Axis

Hmm, This topic is not sending me emails, :question:

Any chance we could get it to change color for each hole size?

Good idea but that would be a lot of dialog option to set for a simple free tool like this one. if you run and select a hole size it will select all holes with that same size and then you can change the color then repeat for each hole size. This could be done with a VB script fairly easy with the saved circles.

When will 6.1 Verisurf be ready sir?

I think next week, if no more bugs pop up in beta testing. we are ready for X7 as well, anyone want Verisurf tools for X7 to test?

Any problems with this beta install of Verisurf tools?

Thanks Ron for helping out, get well soon. :doc:

Ernie

Since installing this beta version, every time I open Mastercam, the Operation Manager defaults to MBD.

Is there a way to make it default to Toolpaths?

Also, I have been looking into the "reverse" package... can I add just reverse from Verisurf, or do I have to buy the whole package.

PM me with details, when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Matthew, Make the screen the way you like it and then go to toolbar states ans save it like you want it and I think that should make the toolbar tabs come up 1st.

Reko, yes you can just add reverse. Contact your Mastercam dealer and they can get you a quote for just the reverse add-on.

Getting better everyday. My Pneumonia is still not cleared up and may have to go back on so more anitbiotics to clear it up, but doing well thanks. :)

• Like 1
I think next week, if no more bugs pop up in beta testing. we are ready for X7 as well, anyone want Verisurf tools for X7 to test?

I'll gladly take you up on that offer.

Hole auto select,..... that is crazy cool! :thumbsup:

Hey Ron! :welcome:

Feelin' better?

• Like 1

Ernie is there a way to force all the vectors to go the same direction? They seem to be random. Does this have something to do with how the original geom was created?

Is it supposed to create a crapton of surfaces? :blink:

Reko, I will check on the toolpath as defalut tab.

CJep,

Yes for through holes it goes in the direction the surface was created, blind holes should point out of the hole. You can select a hole vector line with the mouse to flip its direction or select use the Reverse Vectors button for the last selected group of sizes. When you select a hole it toggles from select/unselect.

This tool works with surfaces so when you have a solid is makes surfaces to get the holes, you can delete the surfaces and keep the solid afterwords.

Jay, you going to AutoDef? I can use your help if your interested?

Ernie

CJep, BTW Nice part :smoke:

I can't take the credit for that one, I got it from Karlo, it's one of the sample parts we use in Multiaxis training.

Could we have an option in the auto vectors utility that allows us to keep or remove the surfaces?

I know that the standard hole axis creates a surface when selecting a solid hole but then it's gone after the utility is closed.

With the new utility installed I can no longer select solid hole faces and create single vectors, it locks down the computer as the utility is searching to create the vector, I can get it create a single vector but you need to create a surface first. These are solids that I've used before with standard hole axis with no issues.

Make the screen the way you like it and then go to toolbar states ans save it like you want it and I think that should make the toolbar tabs come up 1st.

That didn't work for me,.... my ops manager opens to the Moldplus CATIA tab by default. :ermm:

With the new utility installed I can no longer select solid hole faces and create single vectors, it locks down the computer as the utility is searching to create the vector, I can get it create a single vector but you need to create a surface first. These are solids that I've used before with standard hole axis with no issues.

Makre sure it is shaded before using the utility.

I guess it only worked in X5. Have not tried it in X6. You can always trun off the MBD tab when not using it and then it will default to the next tab. That might be solids so will have to see.