Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Table - tool list at wrong place in program

Thanks for response.

Post is a Generic Fanuc 4 axis....modified over time (by many) now trying to right the ship.

As you stated....code from 'pheaders$' has been modified/moved to 'psof$'.

Our other post are not like this but I thought I could make it work....still hopefull!

For the Generic Fanuc 4 axis post anything I place in 'pheader$' post out above the 'psof$' which is correct but not the way I need since my 'psof$' contains standard

file info.

Is there any way to force the tool list to post where I need it?

What code/other actually triggers the placement of the tool list in the program?

Hello Ken,

The placement of the Tool List is controlled by MP.DLL itself. The only default option for placement is between 'pheader$' and 'psof$'. You can't really move that output location.

Is there a reason you have to have your setup information in 'psof$'? Are you trying to get information that isn't available until the '1001' Tool Change? My first thought is "move the setup info back into the header".

You mentioned your 'psof$' contains "standard file info". What information are you referring too? Are you trying to post a Manual Entry comment as setup info? (because I can show you how to do that easily in 'pheader$')

If you absolutely must output your standard info in 'psof$', then you would need to create a String Buffer, and process the tool table comments into that buffer during the calls to 'pwrtt$'. Then in 'psof$', you could recall that buffer and output the strings where you wish. It is a bit more work to do it that way, but not too bad...

Hope that helps,

Colin

• 2 weeks later...