Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock setup

TERRYH

If I am cutting something out of a piece of round bar stock how do I set it up so that it is correct in verify. I have it so that it looks correct and over my part before I turn on verify, but once I turn it on it is in wrong position. I have tried it in MCX home and set to my origin like I always do normally with a square or rectangle piece of stock. It's got me scratching my head, and pulling my hair out and I don't have much to spare.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue the PAR file i downloaded has zero inside the part. So I changed origin in WCS to correct it(To Top) . And everytime I verify it is back in the middle of the part. Tried

in verify dialog box and it worked for a single use .But I have to reset it everytime I want to verify as I'm programming.

Did check that. I Probably should explain in more detail.My PAR file has Z zero at -.3937. So went to WCS and moved origin to top. So now it shows Z .3937. My total height is .937. So when I go to stock set up and use bounding box or all entities or all solids It shows my stock origin Z depth at -.543307. And my stock displays at midway through the part in other words at the zero I altered.

So I have to adjust it to -.937 for stock to appear correct. Then when I verify the stock is also at -.543307 so I have to adjust it also through dialog box for it to look correct. Am I explaining it well??

I do appreciate the answer I'm in between classes and we just got level 3 MCX so I'm learning it here. I never had this issue in 2D. Thanks for your help. Dave

I am having the same issue with stock placement of round stock. Verify wants to put it on the z axis, which is not where I need it to be. In older versions of MC there was a box in Verify called "center on axis" that you could uncheck and it would put your stock where it needed to be. Of course, this option is missing (or very well hidden) on the new and improved :rolleyes: Verify that comes with X7. SOOO AGGRIVATING! :realmad:

Any ideas? As per usual, my reseller isn't around to answer questions so I have to lean on you guys.

TIA...

gcode, yes, but it was acting funky and didn't work. What DID work was downloading MU2 (just came out Monday according to my resaler :realmad: ) installing it, rebooting my computer, and reopening the file. After all that, Verify started working almost as well as the previous versions it replaced.

I guess the lesson to be learned is before trying to do any programming, check with MC to see if there are any new Maintenance Updates, Service Packs, Rev changes, etc. You never can be too careful.

:wallbash:

Thanks for the help though.