Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

length offset number problem

mig

Hi

Anybody also has this issue ? Is it bug?

Sometimes Mastercam (i running x6 mu3) when you picking up new tool, reading length offset number as head number while suppose to be dia offset and length offset equal tool number

After picking up on this tool again it switching to right length offset

Please look at attachment.

post-6970-0-69582300-1365078861_thumb.png

For those of you having issues, please send in a file to QC, explaining the problem so someone can take a look. We have a team working on the new Tool Manager functions in Mastercam anyway, so this would be a good one to make sure they know about.

In the meantime, this issue is very easy to fix in the post processor. You can define two 'Global Formulas' to make the tool length offset number and tool diameter offset numbers match the tool numbers.

In the post header, after the 'Debugging and Factory Set Program Switches', you can add the following code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Global Forumlas (Use with caution!)
#The following two formulas will force the Length/Diameter offsets to always
#  match the tool number used in the current operation. Formulas are only
#    evaluated during Output to the NC file, so be careful if you need to debug.
tloffno$ = t$
tlngno$  = t$

Mine is set that way too, but I still have issues. It seems to happen when tools are swapped out in an existing operation. This does seem to be better in X7B4.

Although I don't have issues with it now, I have seen this before. Come to think of it, it has happened to me in the past when changing tools in existing toolpaths.

But even then, I reset my control def with the setting I listed above and it seemed fixted the issue.

We also recently got most of our custom posts rebuilt, so Colins fix may have been implemented aready. Not sure, I'd have to go back and look through our post and check.

Also, I find that even once the setting in the Control is made, if you alter the H/D/T from the Tool settings page, it will NOT update in the operations, even tho the ensuing dialog says it will.

I just flag any 'non-standard' offsets as RED in our setup sheet. Sometimes they ARE needed.

• 7 years later...

9.1 MPfan used on Haas vf2 2000 model I've got most of the bugs worked out etc... but I Need tool numbers and length offsets to correlate together as I set the Z on the Mill I have to manually edit the program and it keeps reverting back to numbers in the tool list I get an ht error on the Mill

copied this part of my post but not sure if I have the right area or if this modification will work etc...

thanks for your time

# Toolchange / NC output Variable Formats
fmt  T  4   t           #Tool No
fmt  T  4   first_tool  #First Tool Used
fmt  T  4   next_tool   #Next Tool Used  
fmt  D  4   tloffno     #Diameter Offset No
fmt  H  4   tlngno      #Length Offset No
fmt  G  4   g_wcs       #WCS G address
fmt  P  4   p_wcs       #WCS P address
fmt  S  4   speed       #Spindle Speed
fmt  M  4   gear        #Gear range