Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Depths of Cut per Tool

I've been tasked with comparing each Tools' max depth of cut over all Operations; comparing to it's fluted length, and reporting any issues. Since this is to be done in a SetUp Sheet (.set file), I'm hoping this is the place to ask.

This max depth will not have to be the actual value computed by MasterCam; the values originally entered by the programmer would suffice.

A quick scan thru the NCI reference seems to show that this would have to be done on an Operation Type basis, with a routine to handle each unique type of operation available in MasterCam. Still, is this even doable? How would one be able to tell in 3 axis ops, thread milling, etc?

I'm not looking for code, per se, but just a reliable method to gather this information. Once I'm able to extract info from Any single Op, the rest should be doable.

Any ideas on this one would be MORE than welcome.

I have my active reports giving me each operations maximum depth.

Only issue I have found with this is that my retract plane sometimes output at the incremental value which scares the heck out of the operators if z zero is bottom of a 5" block and incremental value just says (retract plane .25).

I have tried to use the scan xyz in the NC editor but it seems to always put z at zero. (seems to read the G28 Z0) dont' see a way to get around that.