Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Learning Group

Rotary Ninja

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together online for a learning group. I was thinking we could all program a part each week, then share our work with each other to see how everyone else programmed it. We could all meet in a chat room, or on here or whatever to discuss what we did. It would be kinda cool to see how others program the same part.

• Like 4

It would be good if everyone had the home learning edition, that way we were all using the same version. Otherwise the only place I can program is at work, which would be nearly impossible.

Could people not taking Mastercam classes get a copy of the home learning edition?

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot about the books and stuff. Ok, lets do this. Anyone interested post in here and I will start working out the details and put together some parts. Only fun stuff of course. It might be good if everyone mentions a bit about their Mastercam abilities.

I can't program any 5 axis stuff, but I can make anything. I can create some pretty decent surfacing toolpaths and I am pretty good with fixturing and rotary work. I just got into the dynamic and high speed stuff and I am loving it. So I will be trying to use these toolpaths on everything.

Just to test this out I modeled up a small part. I stuck it on Jay's FTP.

I just started modeling up a shape and when I got done it looked sorta like an idler bracket. So here it is...

Idler Bracket

It's just a simple 2 operation part. We will just assume everything is +/-.005". The through holes are .257". The two C-bores are .500". Part is 6061 Aluminum. The rest... have fun.

Hi Ninja This sounds like a great idea and I am very keen to be involved! I may not be able to do it every week but will definitely try to! I do a lot of simple 3 axis and a fair bit of 3+2...not much 5 axis in the last couple of years. Really keen to see how this all pans out!

Hi Ninja This sounds like a great idea and I am very keen to be involved! I may not be able to do it every week but will definitely try to! I do a lot of simple 3 axis and a fair bit of 3+2...not much 5 axis in the last couple of years. Really keen to see how this all pans out!

I was hoping you were going to chime in. Takes awhile for anything to reach the Outback huh? ;)

It looks like a good group so far. I know there probably are a couple more who will be on board as soon as they see this. I had my part almost done programming, left to go shopping and come back to find I should have double checked my auto save settings :help:

• Like 2

thats right

this one seems right, but mine wont open it, says its either a newer version of mastercam or its not a file format recognized by mcam,

well i got x6 hle what could i be doing wrong, simply double clicking the file opens x6hle but empty, then while in x6hle opening the idler+bracket file gives me that message

• Like 1