Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Learning Group

Rotary Ninja

Since this is your first post on eMastercam welcome to the forum. And since this is your only post how about this... there is an idler bracket EMCX file in this thread. How about you program that and submit it back here and you will be in the group.

There is also a link in this thread to the download for the learning edition of Mastercam.

Ok, we can come up with something easier then. But do you think that would be a good idea?

Hi Ninja, I sorta get where you are going with this idea, but would like you to confirm. I get that there has been a fair bit of enthusiasm/hype regarding this learning group, and very little after that (myself included) I have only had time to do the idler bracket and I'm still working on the milling for project 2, haven't even looked at the bottle opener yet. I find myself keen, but struggle to come up with time to do it some weeks. So are you thinking that you want people to first share their own programming before having access to everyone else's files? This has some merit, but in this environment I'm not sure I see it as necessary. What is your thinking?

To keep from having to bother Webby with requests to be added to the group by people that have never posted here before. The special account settings are intended for people who are going to upload and download files to participate. The reasoning for creating the members only access was so people would be involved. It defeats the purpose to just give everyone access to the files if they don't intend to participate. So if they program one small part it should show that they are willing to at least try. It's not like everyone has to program every part. I am struggling to find time to here lately. But I know eventually I will get back in the swing of things. So this idea to have people program a part to gain access is just a way to ensure the group has members that want to contribute at least a little of their time.

I am in. I don't post usually. I have time issues also, but work at home most of the night, I would like to devote some time to this group. I have about five years then interrupted by using another package, now working back in Mastercam X6 and X7. I drag my SIM home everyday, don't have solids since we use Inventor at work (this is temporary :)). I have had HLE and X7 installed on my machine at home to help a friend out and never had any problems. Great idea for the group.

I can see the point to both sides. I'm working on the 4th axis portion of the gearbox housing now. I would maybe suggest having that person with the admission request send a file that they have programmed in the past. Also, I'm thinking about programming a mold and posting it for criticism. I'm just going to find something simple off grab cad.

Hi All,

I would like to shear with you my project #3, but unfortunately I can't do it.

My knowledge of Mastercam is limited to the very basic drawing and simple milling operation. Thanks to Kevin I did some work as you can see in my post "How you approach this". I wonder if some of you guys will tell me little more detailing about, how to do this project and then I maybe I would be able to do it.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brand new Mastercam user here. Currently taking the Mill Design & Toolpaths MastercamU course online. I have no work experience with Mastercam or Machining besides a Machining certificate class, and have only done what I've learned in the class, but am anxious to learn more and become a solid Programmer. On the Toolpaths section right now, and next is Applications. Definitely want to practice and learn to be able to put all the pieces together faster and more efficient. I would like to become part of this group. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...