Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X7 Webinar 1 - Mastercam Tool Manager - Monday, May 10th @ 11 AM EST

Aaron Eberhard

Want to get an in-depth look at the new Mastercam Tool Manager? Then join us on Monday, May 13th at 11:00 am for open webinar including Q&A.

This sessions is a brief technical overview of the new Tool Manager that ships with Mastercam X7. This webinar will cover all of the basic functionality of the Tool Manager and the integration of it into Mastercam X7. Expect 20-30 minutes including Q&A session.

Register here: https://www1.gotomee...ister/979374752

Kevin - That sounds painful :p

Is it always Monday @ CNC?

Thank you Aaron!

It's always Friday! :)

No, seriously, we don't routinely (as of right now) do webinars direct from CNC, as most people work with their local resellers for support and training. I've just seen a lot of questions/problems on here that are due to there being SOOO much new & different in X7, that people have no idea how things SHOULD work, let alone DO work, so I'm trying to get a jump on it, to make everyone's lives less painful :)

The best solution is, of course, to attend your dealers' rollouts, as there's tons of information on all of the new products and how to use them, but this'll whet the appetites and hopefully get people using it effectively in the short turn.

We are actively working on trying to have more open dialogs, q&a sessions and stuff with our customers in the near future, though, so make sure you like us on Facebook and all of those things the cool kids do so you can keep up :)

We are actively working on trying to have more open dialogs, q&a sessions and stuff with our customers in the near future,

This is great news. There's nothing more frustrating/infuriating (delete as applicable :D) than posting on here (emastercam) a question, and asking 'please can someone from cnc chime in', and no-one does.

This is great news. There's nothing more frustrating/infuriating (delete as applicable :D) than posting on here (emastercam) a question, and asking 'please can someone from cnc chime in', and no-one does.

I asked a few really 'geeky' developer-type questions, and I immediately recieved in-depth answers. :)

I asked a few really 'geeky' developer-type questions, and I immediately recieved in-depth answers. :)

That's because the Alpha Geeks were in the house on that one :unworthy:

Rich and Jon were in the room with me, and the rest of the tool team were riding shotgun over Gotomeeting. Those guys did a great job with the program, and were amazing at answering questions (and letting me know what I missed!) during the presentation. :clap:

Hi Aaron, Try as I may, I cannot get it to play. I tried it in Chrome and it locks up. tried it in IE and I don't have the Codec for it. Can you tell me what Codec is required?

I can log in and I get the link to watch recorded Webinar, but it never shows the video. Am I doing something wrong?

Today i noticed, that when creating new tool in tool manager, there is "tapper angle" and "tapper length" column to define cone between cutting diameter and shank. Thanks for that option. But if i want to edit existing tool, i can't find these values in tool properties.

Is it possible to put the video somewhere on a webspace where we can download it?

I cant view the video on my home computer, and i cant view it on work (codec error).

Since i use VLC i normaly never had any problems at viewing videos.

greets

Sorry about the delay on communications here, I've been over at Mazak's open house. I don't have a computer with Web access, so I can't check what's going on today... I'll try to squeeze it in at night some time this week, but it's a crazy week with Eastec and all of the machine tool open houses. Sit tight, I'll let you know as soon as I get something figured out.