Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant on and off

RObert TImby

Guest MTB Technical Services

This may have been done by design.

I believe changes were made to the operation manager related to implementation and support for the new MT product.

Coolant strategies in the MT Product are actually set in the Sync Manager for each Op, not the MC Ops Manager.

These strategies are defined for each *.Machine file.

OMG.. just realized this isnt there.. seriously.. so now we gotta open 18 billion freaking windows again to verify coolant settings on all the ops for a part.. what a huge step backward.. I really hope this was not intentional and that it will be re-added in a MU or something.. there is already far too much opening and closing windows to verify settings .. the ability to see coolant settings was one of the best improvements on that front in a long time..

OMG.. just realized this isnt there.. seriously.. so now we gotta open 18 billion freaking windows again to verify coolant settings on all the ops for a part.. what a huge step backward.. I really hope this was not intentional and that it will be re-added in a MU or something.. there is already far too much opening and closing windows to verify settings .. the ability to see coolant settings was one of the best improvements on that front in a long time..

Select the operations you want to change the coolant for. 10, 20, or all of them. Right-click the selected operations and select "Edit selected operations". There is a coolant setting there that will affect all selected operations.

Yeah I realize I can change the settiings using 'edit selected operations', however its not the changing them that I miss the ability of.. its that before you could just look at the ops in op manager and see if the coolant was on or not.. thats what I meant .. and sure I could use edit selected ops to turn ALL coolant on ALL ops on I suppose.. but call my picky.. I liked being able to look at them in the operations manager and know if it was on or not..

FYI-

In X6 the coolant icon was correct only if you were using legacy posts/mmd with "old coolant" style. flood/mist/thru. Otherwise using current mmds with modern coolant controls the icon would not display properly. It was too much to fix apparently, so they just dropped it.

Better a function not there, than one there that only occasional worked.

Guest MTB Technical Services

boolean oldstyle_coolant;

if (oldstyle_coolant) {

##DISPLAY THE ICON!!!

}

Just Saying.. :harhar:

You can always use Magic. ;)

easy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...