Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post edit text output?

Hi,

Where in this post is the text output code controlled? I want to remove some lines that it posts when I use a text file for code.. Basically I want it to only post what is in the text... I know I can just put the code in the manual entry area but what about when it is longer then 750 characters and then I want to use text file. Where... or can I change this in the post... ? We have X6 W7..

This is what it post like now...

N10 G91 G28 Z0. M05 < -------------------- This line needs to be gone ---------------------->

N20 G28 X0. Y0. A0. < -------------------- This line needs to be gone ---------------------->

%

O1893(C1893.NC)

(OP1SUB3)

G00X-2.3128Y-.374

G01Z10.225F100.

M00(GUIDE-TOOL-IN-HOLE)

G01Z9.625F8.

M68

S1100M03

G01Z2.0715F10.

M05

M69

G00Z11.0

M99

%

N30 M30 < -------------------- This line needs to be gone ---------------------->

% < -------------------- This line needs to be gone ---------------------->

Here is the post

[post_VERSION] #DO NOT MOVE OR ALTER THIS LINE# V15.00 P0 E1 W15.00 T1337895754 M15.00 I0 O0

# Post Name : Fanuc 4X Mill.pst

# Product : Mill

# Machine Name : NIIGATA

# Control Name : Fanuc

# Description : Generic 4 Axis Mill Post

# 4-axis/Axis subs. : Yes

# 5-axis : No

# Subprograms : Yes

# Executable : MP 14.0

#

# WARNING: THIS POST IS GENERIC AND IS INTENDED FOR MODIFICATION TO

# THE MACHINE TOOL REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

#

# THIS POST REQUIRES A VALID 3 OR 4 AXIS MACHINE DEFINITION.

# YOU WILL RECEIVE AN ERROR MESSAGE IF MORE THAN ONE ROTARY AXIS IS DETECTED IN

# THE ACTIVE AXIS COMBINATION WITH READ_MD SET TO YES.

#

# Associated File List$

#

# GENERIC FANUC 4X MILL.control-5

#

# Associated File List$

#

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Revision log:

# CNC 06/09/05 - Initial post setup for Mastercam X

# CNC 10/06/05 - Changed parameter read for min_speed, modified pspindle, pprep$ and pset_mach

# - Modified pset_rot_label to use srot_y for horizontal machines

# - Added call to pset_mach in pq$ to set rotaxtyp$

# CNC 11/18/05 - Added psynclath with call to pset_mach to set rotaxtyp$, removed call from pq$

# CNC 02/03/06 - Added logic for high-speed toolpath tool inspection (see prapidout & plinout)

# CNC 06/26/06 - Initial post setup for Mastercam X2

# CNC 12/15/06 - Modified pset_mach for horizontal rotation when rotating about world Z axis.

# CNC 02/26/07 - Modified pwcs

# CNC 11/02/07 - Added prv_shftdrl$ = zero

# CNC 04/08/08 - X3 release - Removed check for write_ops

# CNC 01/26/09 - Initial post update for Mastercam X4

# CNC 04/15/09 - Added read_md switch to enable or disable setting rotary axis from Machine Definition

# CNC 05/06/09 - Modified pindxcalc to omit ctable check when rotary is not indexer

# CNC 06/09/09 - Updated MD parameters

# CNC 08/31/09 - Added check for read_md in pset_mach

# CNC 02/03/10 - Initial post update for Mastercam X5

# CNC 04/21/10 - Added Toolpath Transform Enhancements

# CNC 08/17/10 - Added fix for canned drill cycle incremental mode code output and Z output in incremental mode

# - Added fix for X coolant output

# - Added fix for MP line break pattern

# - Added fix for stock to leave output in tool table

# - Removed CD_VAR variables

# - Added axis sub direction logic

# CNC 08/23/10 - Added logic to handle axis sub with signed or shortest direction and rotation >= 360 degrees

# CNC 02/17/11 - Added three arctype$ initialization variables that are used for

# full arc and helix arc output, when CD is set to R or signed R

#

# Features:

# This post supports Generic Fanuc code for 3 and 4 axis milling.

# It is designed to support the features of Mastercam X Mill.

#

# NEW FEATURES FOR X:

# - Machine definition, control definition and toolpath group parameter read sections added.

# - Post sets rotary "switches" from MD and CD settings. Also sets min/max spindle speed,

# max feed rates and type of feed for rotary motion from MD and CD. Includes option for

# units/min and units/sec for inverse time feed rate.

# - Variable initialization with SET_BY_MD or SET_BY_CD are overwritten in this post by parameter or

# variable settings from MD or CD.

# - Support for rotary axis lock/unlock codes when in index mode (see rot_lock)

# - Support for signed rotary axis direction and M-code specified axis direction (see use_rotmcode)

# - Switch to force rotary output to index mode when tool plane positioning with a full rotary (see force_index)

# - Enhanced tool information - Added switch for tool comments only, tooltable in header with no tool

# comments at tool change or tooltable in header with tool comments at tool change (see tool_info)

# Tooltable output includes cutter compensation type and stock to leave information

# - Enhanced tool staging options - enable or disable in CD. Set stagetltype in post for output type:

# Do not stage 1st tool, stage 1st tool at last tool change or stage 1st tool at end of file (peof)

# - Supports X comments including machine name, group name and group comment output (see pcomment2)

# - Additional date, time and data path output options (see pheader)

# - Additional rigid tapping cycle (separate from original tapping cycle) and initial custom drill

# cycle support (see pmisc2$ and pdrlcst$)

# - Support for 10 additional canned text options for X

# - Decimal support for sequence number output (set "Increment sequence number" in CD to a decimal value

# for output. I.E. "Increment sequence number" = .5, "Start sequence number" = 10 : N10, N10.5, N1

Thanks

post-1869-0-50454200-1369797546_thumb.jpg

It looks like what your after is simply to post whatever is in the text file, forgive me if im missing something.. but why not just use the text file as your .nc file and skip mastercam.. I mean sounds like you already have the output you wanted..

Maybe a little more information would clarify what you are trying to do..

It looks like what your after is simply to post whatever is in the text file, forgive me if im missing something.. but why not just use the text file as your .nc file and skip mastercam.. I mean sounds like you already have the output you wanted..

Maybe a little more information would clarify what you are trying to do..

That is what we do already... They do thousands of programs here every year and most are all just cut a paste and hand write the code. I ask why do we have Mastercam then..

That is the one problem /question and it is why they brought me in here.. For instance when a program needs a rev change or something more.. and you go back to the 5 year old Mastercam program it really show you nothing about how the original MC code was produced...

So what I am trying to do is to have manual entry's and text file linked to Mastercam so when they do post it is all there for the most part..

Most of the stuff is special drill stop go cycles and z depth moves on special arcs at certain points.. And sub programs with only certain code.. Things that are really hard for Mastercam to do in the post so that is where text files and manual entry come in... At least they are in the Mastercam operation tree...

I spent 3 days trying to figure out how they did one program from 4 years ago because the guy who did was gone... It was just add z moves at a certain point on the arcs in many places... It would have been easy to make a manual entry or text file for this.... Even a note in the operation tree would work...

Posts are there biggest issues because the ones they are using now are 5 to 10 years old or older.. They have over 20 different types of machine that is a huge $ problem for posts... So I am working to get this fixed.. I have most posts ready but need to test...

Thanks