Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

fanuc controller help needed

Bruce Caulley

Ahoy!

It has been several years since I have run a machine, but I need to jump back in the saddle for one job to help the company out.

We have a new (used) machine arrive and the first attempt at running a programme using the conversational side has came to a screaming halt. I hope it is just an oversight on my part, but here's the problem:

Looking at the pic below you can see I am getting an error on the toolchange programme when simulating/executing a simple pocket cycle.

Here's the error:

Brisbane-20130529-00035.jpg

Here's the cycle (ignore the error in this pic):

Brisbane-20130529-00036.jpg

I have tried different header formats etc, etc, and the tool and cycle definition is correct (as far as I can see, but it has been a while...).

What am I missing??

Oh, and no CAM software here so it needs to be programmed at the control.

Thanks

Bruce

Guest MTB Technical Services

Your ez-Guide generated program is incorrect.

You shouldn't be calling a T0 for an ez-Guide Macro.

You also have a length offset that doesn't match the Tool numbers called.

Also, try making sure you have an empty block after the G1040 line.

Anytime you call an ez-Guide Macro with a tool call in it, there must be an empty block before another Macro call with a tool call.

I would use ez-Guide to save straight G-Code instead of using the generated Macros.

This can be done but requires an extra step.

Switch to Auto mode, Press Right shift key next to 'SIMULATE', Press NC CNV, Enter a new program number for the converted program and press 'CREATE'.

Specifically, what Machine and Fanuc Control is this?

Tim,

That T0 isn't a tool call. It's one of the "thickness" parameters in the cycle that was spat out through the conversational menu. I am confident the cycle is ok, I think it is something with the way the controller is reading the "new fanuc" in auto mode. I owned a few machines with this control in the past and remember an issue with toolchanging between running it normal and through the i-guide, but can't remember what it was. Was fixed with a parameter though.

Not sure if this is the same problem or not. In the header I have the usual G54G90G17 etc, and a standard tool call. I even tried a few different variations and ended up with the error in the second pic above. I suspect the tool change programme 9001 might be the culprit, though. Single blocking through it makes it to the M5.

In standard programme run it is the same, but I can do a simple G81 call and it works fine. Stick in a conversational cycle and it won't even do the tool change.

:headscratch:

Bruce

Guest MTB Technical Services

I'll clarify:

A "normal" programme will run, any programme with any i-guide generated cycles doesn't get past the tool change.

Bruce

This is a parameter issue.

There is nothing in your Tool Change Macro (O9001) that is causing this.

Have you actually tried the NC Conversion so you aren't using the 4-Digit G-Codes?

You can always try the Fanuc ez-Guide Webinar to jog your memory.

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/507545433