Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X7 SP1 update is available

We have made Mastercam X7 SP1 available for download through the Automated Update Feature. When you start X7 you should see an update notification or you can use the Update Mastercam option under the Help Menu or use the Check for Updates option in the Mastercam X7 program group under your start menu. For more information on the Automatic Updates feature please refer to the X7 WhatsNew.pdf file.

Mastercam X7 SP1 address a handful of issue and is available to ALL Mastercam X7 users. The list of items can be seen in the attached HTML file.

The Mastercam Products Download page will be update with the X7 SP1 download files on Monday June 3rd.

A note about the Automatic Update Feature: This feature will download the appropriate SP1 exe file based on your operating system to your c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Mastercam X7 folder [where <UserName> is your pc login name] in case you cancel the process after a download or need to execute it on another system.

We are in the process of making these updates smaller and more streamlined as we move forward using this mechanism.

Thank you for choosing Mastercam!

MastercamX7ServicePack1ReadMe.html

Jim,

Just to be clear I'm assuming we download and instal X7 and then download and instal the SP1 over the top?

Also, we've not got any of our mcam seats connected to the interweb. So the automated update feature won't work for us.

That doesn't matter - going forward will you still have the SP's on mastercam.com download page?

Thanks

Thanks G - I realise this patch will be on mcam.com, I was just talking general going forwards really.

Jim said that they 'were going forward using this mechanism', and I was just wondering if they planned to always have SP's/Mu's on the mcam.com. download page.

:cheers:

Had a couple lockups since the update. The first completely locked up the computer and I had to do a hard reboot. The second lock up went away after about 3-5 minutes of waiting. I have been playing with it since then (a few hours) without any repeats. Even installed X+ and it runs fine.