Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The right mouse button menu thread

kdgrills

Hi All I have been trying to get my x7 rmb set up just like some of the x6 samples above but they will not let me do drop down menus.anyone have a solution that will resolve this,or is there a surefire way to get this function to work.any input would be appreciated

TIA

CADCAM

I don't use 'em, but I just created some per the instructions in the help. Seemed to work as advertised.

help -> mastercam interface -> customizing mastercam -> customizing your workspace ->

customizing the graphics window right-click menu

Mr. Thomas, now that's minimalist.

I don't use 'em, but I just created some per the instructions in the help. Seemed to work as advertised.

help -> mastercam interface -> customizing mastercam -> customizing your workspace ->

customizing the graphics window right-click menu

Mr. Thomas, now that's minimalist.

I am able to get the rmb process to produce the new buttons as the instructions say, but when you want to position them as in the drag and drop in place were you want them this system does not want to function like it says. they all stay on the bottom of at the least move up a few spaces. It shows a icon sometimes when you place it near were you want but others it does not i have followed the help files which have good instructions, I am wondering why its hanging during the placement of the new items. sometimes the system does what it says sometimes is doesnt. Does anyone one else have any funny issues with 64 bit Win 7 drag and drop issues? it will make them all day long on the bottom but try to drag them up to the top with the rmb area and it will not repeat no matter what or how i do it at this point . Buggy Maybe ? TIA

CADCAM :wallbash: :wallbash:

So i hit the Nuke option and reset the whole mtb buttons and so now i get it to function, the drag and drop works but now i get to redo all the tool bars and my desk top settings .its to bad it would not just give you a option to reset back to default for the right mouse button or mcam tool bars so it does not wipe the whole thing out. :thumbdown:

So i hit the Nuke option and reset the whole mtb buttons and so now i get it to function, the drag and drop works but now i get to redo all the tool bars and my desk top settings .its to bad it would not just give you a option to reset back to default for the right mouse button or mcam tool bars so it does not wipe the whole thing out. :thumbdown:

This is why I make a copy of the Mastercam.mtb file >> Rename it and set that up the way I want it. If I ever need to go back default, I can, quite easily by choosing the default.

Since the initial release of X, I have lived on the RMB, my mtb file was recreated I think in X2, I have not have to recreate it since, I copy it to the new version......it has made many journey's with me

Hi John

Yea once i hit the nuke button and saw the fallout from this reset i knew it was a oops ? I thought i had a back up of the mtb before it did this but after a good part of the day redoing the rmb item i do now have mtb default file and mtb 2 file for emergency's After looking at what you had for rmb items your list was a Good format for 95 % of what i like to use so i mirrored your list and added some other goodies to mine. It does help to have a Good baseline for these items So I Thank You for putting in the effort to make A Fine List of RMB items .I will even make another copy and park it somewhere so it does not go bye bye by accident. It sucks when you hit the button and POOF there they all go !!

Thanks For all That You Guys Do

CADCAM :cheers: :cheers:

Yup, when I used to do training, I use to revert back to the standard layout.

It was funny the couple times Steve Biehl sat down and tried to use my setup, he ran straight out of the box, he'd "get through" mine but cursed me all the way lol

I used to have a really sick setup but then I find it gets confusing when training people - and if I revert to default I'm not as familiar with the layout because I'm used to the 'new' one

I do like to have my T/F/R planes on ALT+Q, ALT+W, and ALT+E

and I always set translucency to ALT+~