kdgrills

The right mouse button menu thread

Here is how mine looks now ... I will change it when I get some money to buy a spacemouse...

post-22888-0-03763700-1371854793_thumb.png

So how much you think they cost ? have you decided what model you are getting?

cost 280... spacemouse pro... there is a more expensive one but it looks like more than I need.

I quite like the look of yours MCM, the pull out menu's are pretty cool. Here is mine, quite long but it works well for me

post-40424-0-53477100-1372023398_thumb.png

I do pretty much everything from the right mouse button.

post-428-0-45638900-1372069256_thumb.jpg

that is a good price I would say. were you getting from Ebay?

That is the same price I paid in 2011.. they only difference was I had to pay shipping.

I'd buy another one if I wasn't hoarding cash for my maintenance payment due in August

Gcode you have the pilot pro right or did you get the space mouse. I need to place an oder and get my self another one to.

I've got the Space Pilot Pro at work and a Space Mouse at home.

Eventually I'll swap that Space Mouse out for a SPP cause I like the SPP a lot better.

This is mine, other than some minor additions and subtractions has remained mostly as such since Mastercam X was released

I guess I'm in the minority, being a minimalist.

You guys need two mice to operate those? ;-)

Here's my entire tool bar layout:

I do pretty much everything from the right mouse button.

I like the submenus you've got set up .... how did you do that ?

I like the submenus you've got set up .... how did you do that ?

Ive done it for every version X so its pretty easy for me to recreate. First thing you do is right click in your toolbar somewhere and select 'Customize' down at the bottom. Then I create a crap ton of new drop-down menu's in the 'Drop Downs/Right mouse button menu' tab and rename them to what I want. I've always started my names with RMB - for easier tracking.

Once you get those sub menus setup how you want, just drag and drop them somewhere in the 'Right mouse button menu' at the top of the tab and configure how it will look every time you right click the screen. Presto! :) Just remember that the order you put stuff in the right mouse button menu is exactly how it will appear when you right click in the screen. So make sure you get everything in the order you want.

post-428-0-71601700-1372167706_thumb.jpg

post-428-0-51524700-1372167823_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ive done it for every version X so its pretty easy for me to recreate. First thing you do is right click in your toolbar somewhere and select 'Customize' down at the bottom. Then I create a crap ton of new drop-down menu's in the 'Drop Downs/Right mouse button menu' tab and rename them to what I want. I've always started my names with RMB - for easier tracking.

Once you get those sub menus setup how you want, just drag and drop them somewhere in the 'Right mouse button menu' at the top of the tab and configure how it will look every time you right click the screen. Presto! :) Just remember that the order you put stuff in the right mouse button menu is exactly how it will appear when you right click in the screen. So make sure you get everything in the order you want.

Thanks for the info gms1. Will have to look into that!

This is mine, other than some minor additions and subtractions has remained mostly as such since Mastercam X was released

Where is "snap to"?

Where is "snap to"?

The snap to menu is a sub folder I made and populate with the autocursor selections

I put the "end selection" (green ball) at the top and bottom so I can hit whichever is closest.

post-5481-0-61869100-1372341095_thumb.png

Here is mine, The only thing i wish I could do is have the most recently used menu in the right click menu. This would be a huge time saver.

post-3877-0-82663900-1372339246_thumb.jpg

I put the "end selection" (green ball) at the top and bottom so I can hit whichever is closest.

Hopefully, some day, Mastercam will steal from NX & make the middle mouse button function as "apply / end selection".

• Like 1