Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

need help selecting fully shaded surfaces with window

baldhead

When creating toolpaths can I select only the surfaces I can see when fully shaded using window mode? I don't want to pick up the surfaces on the back or in the middle. I know that I can put the surfaces on different levels and also hide the surfaces but I would prefer to choose only the surfaces as seen on screen and ignore the surfaces I can't see when fully shaded.

X7sp1

Yes, but then I have to select them to make them different colors first...

or have the features import into MC with different color. very easy if originally modeled in solidworks...

i know; minimally helpful...

Kinda almost what you are looking for, but not really....

On the general selection bar,

select only,

goto misc.

click depth

use greater than

either enter a number or right click in the field and select an option (i.e. z coord of a point.) use zero for this example....

Now window select and only the entities with a depth greater than zero (relative to your current cplane) will be selected.