Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating setup sheets

rchipper

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum but am sending out my question in hopes of getting some assistance.

I have gone through most of the Mastercam X6, Creating Setup Sheets with the Active Reports Designer tutorial with, some, ok results. I am learning Mastercam, as well as this and would like to thank all of you that have offered your support in the past. I did download a tutorial and sample files to work with. My question is can I modify the original eight XML tags descriptions ? I do not know XML put from looking at some files it does not look too hard to figure out, am I wrong? If anyone has experience with making/modifying setup sheets and wouldn't mind sharing, I am eager to learn.

Oh, I did sign up for MastercamU. Waiting for the e-mail package.

Thank you all again,

rchipper

Yes. I tried that but when I generate the setup sheet a couple of the fields remain as it was before I changed it. I will give it another try. Another thing I am having difficulty with is the Generated Text to out put the correct information. It outputs the same label in all of the fields. I would send a shot of what I am talking about but I don't know how to attach a file. I'm still new.

rchipper

Yes. I tried that but when I generate the setup sheet a couple of the fields remain as it was before I changed it. I will give it another try. Another thing I am having difficulty with is the Generated Text to out put the correct information. It outputs the same label in all of the fields. I would send a shot of what I am talking about but I don't know how to attach a file. I'm still new.

rchipper

Just click on More reply options at the bottom of the quick reply box, then there is an option there to attach files. A picture would be handy.

Thanks for educating me on attaching files.

I looked again at the .bmp that you sent. I noticed that the first three fields are blank. These are the ones that will not change, for me. ? I am going to start fresh with a new template and be careful to pay attention to the details. I have made so many changes to this one that I'm chasing my tail and probably overlooking the obvious. I would forward you a snapshot but I have this pretty jumbled up, thus, Starting Over. I am grateful for your support and depending on the outcome, I may be back for more.

Respectfully,

rchipper

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Here is a copy of what I have so far. Pretty generic but I can refine it later. I have not been able to stick with it., keep getting pulled off the project. I still need to modify a few things and could use a little help. The first page looks good but I would like to know how to get the comments to output in the Comments: section.

2) The tool info: How do I shrink it to fit more tools on one page? I tried, but did something to mess it up, dropped off images.

3) The "tool list" report, I don't need the images duplicated, just the listed text.

If anyone has time to offer some tips and tricks that would be awesome. I still have more to learn so I will be grinding on.

I did not include the other files as I was not sure if anyone has time to help. I will put them up if needed.

Thank you,

rchipper

M3 - YASNAC I80 NEW.pdf

• 4 months later...