Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How did he make that move in Z?

cell13

I was asked to relocate the location of some parts on a large nested plate. No problem, but when I started looking at the toolpath I could not figure out how the previous

programmer did it. Simple 2D contour, no cutter comp. Tool ramps down to Z-.5625 then cuts circle - moves in X .225 and cuts another circle - moves in X .325 then drops

down to Z-.73 and cuts circle. How did he get it to move down to -.73? Depth in linking parameters is -.5625.

s

Thank you for replying.

In linking parameters everything is checked absolute. All geometry is on Z 0.0. The first thing I did to check was to go to isometric and see if there was a line in Z. Nothing there.

WCS & T/CPlane are both in top. In level manager there are 93 entities on level 1. These are the only visible entities. There are 20 named levels. If I check "used" under list levels I see

level 3 with 450 entities, level 5 with 876 and level 7 with 918. None of these affect visible geometry when made "not visible". Only level 1 appears to have anything to do with tool paths.

In fact only 5 entities really affect this toolpath, the rest are just there for visual affect as the toolpath is transformed to make multiples.

TEEJAY,

You hit the nail on the head.

I have seen that in the chain manager, but have never looked into it. I went there and clicked on intersecting entities where change took place and there it was.

Depth, Step, -0.72 .

Thank you, I will remember that. It is sure to come in handy.