Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

First Time Setup for Mastercam

kathy

Good morning boys and girls!

I have our brand new MasterCam loaded on my workstation - yoo hoo. I'm looking at the infrastructure and how to setup the user working directory's on the network.

Is there utility to move all the file paths to a common directory? Right now it looks like moving each path one at a time. Doable but a lot of time!

Anyone use the Project Manager? It looks like what I want, but it's per each file not a global setup.

If there was only a workgroup manager for MasterCam (PTC Windchill) I would be all set. :)

I found how to change the location for the machine / control files, but not set a global path for everything. I'll need to setup a network location for the posts and all too. So much to relearn.

Tucson is about the same. A lot of changes for me the last several years.

I found how to change the location for the machine / control files, but not set a global path for everything. I'll need to setup a network location for the posts and all too. So much to relearn.

Tucson is about the same. A lot of changes for me the last several years.

Those paths will all be in your config/files/data paths and file usage boxes

My oldest son just moved back there a few months ago

PEACE :D

I opened up the mcamx.config file in wordpad, as it is a text file. I'm tempted to replace "<APP_DIR_USER>" with my network path. Cut n' paste. I really don't want to make the updates via the dialog box - too time consuming.

Both my two 'kids' are still here in Tucson; it's nice to have them close. Steve died last October and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. :)

Sorry to hear, good to have family near bye for sure.

We left LA/OC a yr ago march for Northern Nevada. No regrets. Beautiful up here.

2 daughters moved up here with us.

Never edited my config that way.

PEACE :D

I clicked on "Use default Data paths" in the System Configuration and all the Data paths now reflect my network location. :) I'll test and document for the next user I setup.

Steve & I were looking at South Carolina - I had an opportunity open up at Boeing in North Charleston. I was offered a PDM developer position at Space X but not too crazy about living in Hawthorne. Northern Nevada is nice - are you near Reno? I would love to live in Tahoe if I could telecommute.