Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Cannot find Parasolid data in Solidworks file error

Darin

I have SP2 X7 and Solidworks 2013 installed. Still get this error. Cannot find Parasolid data in Solidworks file error.

Also get this error (see attached) with the new verify on X7 .

What do I need to do to fix these.

Thanks

post-1869-0-28758700-1375828956_thumb.jpg

post-1869-0-91181200-1375828966_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Download this zip file, extract it and right-click on the batch file and run as Administrator.

Your other error can be eliminated by adding a manual entry toolpath and selecting that when verifying.

Ok thanks that fixed the Cannot find Parasolid data in Solidworks file error.

So I have to add a manual entry ever time to fix this error?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just came across this and it worked.

I am confused as to why, I am guessing it has to do with Administrative privileges

I did long hand this command and it failed to register the dll but the .bat file worked

The confusion regarding the SWDocumentMgr.DLL is due to our installing (and registering) one copy of it, while SolidWorks will also install and register a copy of it. And they can be for different versions of SolidWorks.

One way (and not the only way) problems can arise is if you have, for instance, MCamX7 MU1 Beta installed (which registers a SW2014 SP0 version of that .DLL) but then repair/reinstall your SW2013 installation - which will register the SW2013 version of it. All of a sudden MCamX7 MU1 Beta will lose its ability to import SW2014 files.

Basically Mastercam will be able to import SW files from whatever version of SWDocumentMgr.DLL is currently registered.

• Like 1

So what do we have to do if the programmers do not have solid works installed on their systems they have X6 spo 3 and X7 spo 2.

And the designers have solid works 2014 spo 0 ? Do we need to copy the file from the designers system to the programmer computer?

Thanks in advance.

So what do we have to do if the programmers do not have solid works installed on their systems they have X6 spo 3 and X7 spo 2.

And the designers have solid works 2014 spo 0 ? Do we need to copy the file from the designers system to the programmer computer?

Thanks in advance.

That will work...

When you get X7 Mu1, that will have it in there, too.

• 7 months later...

Take the bat file mentioned earlier and change mcamx7 to mcamx5

@echo off

echo. This batch file is to fix this error.

echo. "Cannot find Parasolid Data in SolidWorks file."

pause

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\mcamx7\common\SWORKSDATA\SWDocumentMgr.DLL"

pause

OK, I tried this, replacing mcamx6, and I got confirmation that the .dll was registered but I still get the parasolid error. The SW files I'm trying to bring in are from SW2014 SP02 (64 bit). I couldn't ask for worse timing on this.

Just came across this and it worked.

I am confused as to why, I am guessing it has to do with Administrative privileges

I did long hand this command and it failed to register the dll but the .bat file worked

Most ppl forget to run their command prompt as admin.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

We are having a similar Parasolid Data error in mcamX7 mu2 when we attempt to open SW2014 files. I tried to use the fix provided by Glenn at the top of this thread but all I get is an error code 0x8007005 which appears to be related to permissions. I double checked that I had administrative priviledges but still no success.

We get *.sldprt files from a lot of different users so the temporary work around of using *.x_t files is not so convenient.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...