Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Cannot find Parasolid data in Solidworks file error

Darin

• 5 months later...

I run the SWDocumentMgr file as administrator as directed and get this popup.

After clicking enter, I get another "Press any key to continue." Once I do that, the batch file closes.

I try to open a Sldprt file once again, but get the same error "Cannot find Parasolid...."

What gives? Any solutions?

post-24056-0-80367400-1430927354_thumb.png

I had this issue last week too. Our IT guy looked at it and found that we could only make the registry "stick" with one version or the other, but not both. As we are currently using X8, he set the registry and it is working fine now,

Carmen

Ok, so it's an IT issue?

So what was happening was, as of yesterday and this morning, I only had X7. I was planning on updating to X8 today.

I tried running that batch file and it didn't fix it yesterday, nor today.

So I gave up for a few minutes today and updated to X8, partially wondering if it would be fixed on this computer. The update went perfect, except I still can't open SLDPRT files.

Do I not have all the right administrative privilages?

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this topic. Getting the same parasolid error. Using X7 trying to open Solidworks 2016 files. This was working 2 weeks ago but decided not to this week. On a fresh install of the most up to date X7 currently, already ran the .exe on the first page and still getting the error. Any new solutions?

Are you sure you were opening SW2016 sldprt files in X7

X7 was released in 2013 and uses the V25 parasolid kernel.

SW2016 uses the V28 version parasolid kernel..

Its a 3 year newer version. I'd be really surprised if X7 can open SW2016 solidowks files

You can export them as X_B though and set the export version to V25 on the SW export options page.

X7 can open those with no trouble