Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i found a way to fix every problem in X7

oneyankfan1

If we both program an identical part, you in X7 and me in X6, you use the "flimulator" and me traditional verify ill beat you everytime.

You are making a lot of assumptions.

First off, I use traditional backplot, and Vericut. And you very well may be a faster programmer, I have no idea. But in my 22 years I have yet to be laid off or fired, so I must be doing something right.

I think what your trying to say is that the new verify is slow and buggy. I agree with that, but I don't use Mastercams verify anyway.

Cough: Cutting edge?

I was talking about the latest and greatest that MasterCam has to offer, I wasn't making a comparison to any other CAM packages.

Although at my company we have NX, Esprit, and MasterCam and probably 90 percent of all the programming is done in MC for one reason or another.

While the X7 verify, or simulator, does have a learning curve I don't think I've heard of anyone saying the X6 verify was "faster". While it does need a little work my biggest complaint is having to hit the 5 axis engine button a lot because it won't "stick". Whatever you are seeing for issues send them in to get looked at.

If we both program an identical part, you in X7 and me in X6, you use the "flimulator" and me traditional verify ill beat you everytime.

I would take that on. I to agree it is not perfect but it is for sure way faster unless you are running a old computer like a Pentium D dual core with 4 gigs a ram then it hurts on high en parts.

I just found something I like about the new verify utility,..

I am doing some multiaxis programming and was running the verify to check a gouging issue. I was using a stock model in the verify, I had changed the tpath and went back into the verify to rerun the tpath,... (because you can, couldn't do that with "old verify")

Something wasn't quite right,..... felt a crash looming.

Went back to McamX7 and saved the part file before verify went dark, when McamX7 restarted the part file was restored to where I had saved it,... (couldn't do that with "old verify")

JM$0.02

addendum: verify in McamX7 is a separate program running within the software, we don't need to close verify to make changes to the toolpath like in previous versions

Something wasn't quite right,..... felt a crash looming.

Went back to McamX7 and saved the part file before verify went dark, when McamX7 restarted the part file was restored to where I had saved it,... (couldn't do that with "old verify")

Wow, that's awesome! You'd think they'd market this new feature more aggressively,

I wasn't aware of it.

"New in Mastercam X7, the ability to save your work before crashing."

Wow, that's awesome! You'd think they'd market this new feature more aggressively,

I wasn't aware of it.

"New in Mastercam X7, the ability to save your work before crashing."

Sarcasm: uh,.. huh huh :huh:

So,... what yer sayin' is you've never had the old style verify crash and in turn loose everything up to the last save?

So,... what yer sayin' is you've never had the old style verify crash and in turn loose everything up to the last save?

No, I said what I said, because your statements seemed absurd to me.

You seemed to be trying really hard to make lemonade out of lemons.

Nothing personal.

I've had Mastercam crash in pretty much every conceivable manner,

losing hours worth of work. Hell, as recently as X2 Mastercam wrote

directly to your working file while saving, so when it crashed during

a save you'd end up with a corrupt file.

Backup files are your friend.

No, I said what I said, because your statements seemed absurd to me.

You seemed to be trying really hard to make lemonade out of lemons.

Nothing personal.

Not tryin' to make a silk purse from a sow's ear, just stating what I found and it happened to work for my particular situation,...

The thread was started out basically stating that the X7 software was a POS specifically when it came to verify,.... (all you need to do is read between the lines)

I as well as others were merely pointing out that our experiences were to the contrary,...

I like mixing my lemonade 50/50 with 7UP,...

Not tryin' to make a silk purse from a sow's ear,

Hahaha - reminds me of when I started in the drawing office under the wing of a real great guy.

His opening line was 'I've been asked to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear of you.....but if I manage to get a sow's ear purse then I'll be happy'.

:lol:

I too use Vericut, and the X6 verify is just referance only, it seems to me that the new simulator is just a glorified colision detector and it dosent show the part in greater detail or do anything incredible, also when you use it it opens like a seperate program taking that much longer. Im already impatient with X7. What im saying is that they are trying to make simulator more like Vericut and it is an epic fail! It is a waste of time not just for me but all other programmers in my department, with X6 at least it takes less time to referance my tool path in verify(which does in my opinion just as good a job at detecting colision) before i put it through Vericut. If you buy a new car you dont want it to be worse than last years model.

• Like 1

Agreed! I HATE the new verify. Totally unneeded improvement.

Really?

It is a WAY needed improvement, I guess you've never done a lot high end surfacing with small ball mills and tiny step overs

Implementation NEEDS to be better but it IS needed

Agreed! I HATE the new verify. Totally unneeded improvement.

There is plenty of room for improvement, but this is a much needed upgrade.

I build a series of big 5axis vanes up to Ø70" dia.

I used to pretty much run blind because the old verify had no hope of running even a partial set of toolpaths.

Now I can run a whole program all the way through with no issues.

The resolution could be better and it would be very nice if my settings would stick, but it's way better than being blind.

and I'm sure future releases will address these issues