Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i found a way to fix every problem in X7

oneyankfan1

If you got enough time to spend hours on eMC flogging CNC Software, you've got enough time to take a phone call when they call trying to help.

Gcode, JP and others I do not spend anywhere near the amount of time on here that you do. I honestly do not have the time right now. You are not in my shoes and do not understand my situation. I have never singled out one person and harassed them like you and others are doing right now. All I am trying to do is raise some awareness to the issues in Mastercam and keep people alert.

Camman, no one is picking on you per se, you have gripes, as I said, some are legit

You have been offered assistance straight from the big guys at CNC Software, I mean I don't know what else they can do to try to help you, and yes, we ALL work under the gun these days.

From my standpoint at least, your credibility is on the line here, you complain, that's fine, you get offered help and you slap it away.

It can certainly lead people to question your motivations, do you not see that?

Sorry if I have offended anybody by raising some awareness to the issues in X7. I am not trying to rub anybody's face in "IT". I have "officially" had my hand slapped and was told to be more positive on the forum. I have not slapped away the helping hand as you say JP. I never really asked for any help with the issues that I complained about. As far as my motivations are concerned they are for hoping to head Mastercam in a more positive direction. Maybe I could have been more constructive in the way I did it. I appreciate any and all help I have received on this forum. Some of you have helped me immensely. I will try to do my best to be more positive. Once again. Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

I am downloading X7 SP1 while I type this. ...then SP2....

I have been gone from Mastercam for a while. I have not even used X6. So I guess I won't know what I have missed.

So we shall see just how good it is.....

I suspect it's pretty good...Since I will not be bring any baggage from a previous version and will be starting from scratch with tool libs, ops and such, I have hopes my acclimation will be somewhat painless.

I have found a couple of annoyances...

When the ops manager is undocked a glitch can occur where imported ops won't allow you to pick any drive surfs.

You must redock and rsstart to fix it.

And the other one was the pointer would dissappear when choosing chain..window..single..polygon. ect....mousing over the tiny arrow in the box.

Just small stuff like that...

• Like 1

Been using MU1 Beta - can't speak to specifics, but the amount done in the back end is very substantial and it has been running great for me

And in all seriousness, why is this?

Is this because the product was a rush release (which is easy to fix - S L O W down)

Or is it from the feedback after launching (which can be fixed by making it easier for more testers to get on board)

Either way, I really would have thought something needs to change as 8 doesn't want to be launched like this...

And in all seriousness, why is this?

Is this because the product was a rush release (which is easy to fix - S L O W down)

Or is it from the feedback after launching (which can be fixed by making it easier for more testers to get on board)

Either way, I really would have thought something needs to change as 8 doesn't want to be launched like this...

it's just policy with regard to new features. If people want to know, they can apply for the beta program - but there hasn't been anything (that I know of) saying I couldn't say "a lot has been addressed fix-wise"

TK, sure

that's the version they used at the community college where I took 4 semesters of Mastercam.

Coming from Anicam 2.0, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven

I want from using Olmsted Engineering's Acu-Carv for machining foundry patterns to Mastercam version 3.21 for machining injection molds, in 1992. I thought I died and went to hell. :lol:

Mastercam version 5, the very first version to run on Microsoft Windows, is easily the worst piece of software I've ever had the non-pleasure of using.

I want from using Olmsted Engineering's Acu-Carv for machining foundry patterns to Mastercam version 3.21 for machining injection molds, in 1992. I thought I died and went to hell. :lol:

Mastercam version 5, the very first version to run on Microsoft Windows, is easily the worst piece of software I've ever had the non-pleasure of using.

clearly, you've never run an early release of BobCad :laughing:

Personally, I can accept a bad release every now and then. For whatever the multitude of possible reasons it may be, it happens. It's the response to getting the bad releases fixed which is important.

Mastercam X7 isn't the only CAD/CAM system having problems this year. We also use Cimatron, and their most recent release, E11, was riddled with all sorts of nasties more so than Mastercam even.

However, unlike CNC Software, Cimatron has been very diligent about responding to its customers needs and released a steady stream of patches over a period of four months since its release to fix many of the bugs. The last one nailed it, it appears to be a very stable system now.

Here's a snapshot of their updates timeline. Note the dates which are within no more than a couple days from actual releases.

e11updates.png