Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i found a way to fix every problem in X7

oneyankfan1

it's the stuff they break between versions and refuse to fix that get's my dander up.

Couldnt agree with this more.

Its understandable to have to deal with the growing pains of new functionality.

It sucks to have old functionality broken between releases. Especially when they are functions that I have relied on since the initial release of X.

That's why Project Manager just pisses me off so much. It affects EVERY part I deal with, EVERY TIME I work with it, EVERY BLESSED DAY!!!!! It's not one of those random bugs that are in all software. I get there will always be a heirarchy for bug fixes. I'm totally cool with that. No matter what, they have to address software crashing bugs first. But jeez, if they would devote some time every month or shoot, every quarter to "low hanging fruit" it would make the user base so happy.

Well,

I can ensure you guys that CNC knows your feelings and expectations and they know it as never before. What had to be said was said, straightly and frankly.

With the exception of Joan and their competitors, I believe everybody wants CNC Software to fix the product and make Mastercam a leader again.

NO OTHER CAx company out there got so much feedback from their users like CNC in the past years. Positive and negative. Starting with the fact that other vendors don't have a forum like this one, with a crowd of users zealots. :unworthy:

I'm a firm believer that we, as professionals, must stand for our careers and reputations, and not to brands. We can't control what goes in the owner's mind. Who knows what's really going on?

I have made the mistake to worship CAM systems before (Mastercam was one of them), and I can tell you that harmed my reputation more than it helped. I'm blessed I made such mistakes very early and I had second chances.

That being said, if the things don't change for Mastercam, then the simple answer is that they don't care. And people will have to deal with this whether they like it or not.

Currently I'm back on X6 cause the of verify crashes in X7 (a Lot). Think I may Uninstall 7 and try a fresh install, because like others stated there are time saving features...

Gonna give it a go one more time w / o migrating anything. Guess I'll be back soon with the results :coffee:

As to the issue with all the maintenance $ we fork out...almost seems worthless I hope there's change a' comin

CATIA... get ready for dropping some serious coin and a HEFTY learning curve.

Might have changed but I got a price around 9 years back at a previous company. All lovely jubbly on initial prices, then they talked about the monthly cost ontop just for the privalage of having it installed. let alone using it.

MONSTER BUCKS!!!

We are going to be looking at Powermill and Topsolid as an alternative to use on the serious stuff. I have already demoed the Topsolid. A little strange as far as the interface goes but very powerful and fast. Very quick toolpath association and stock updating. Only thing bad on both of theses is there is no local support and they have weak online support forums.

I have been using X7 since the Beta, and although I am able to use it and I like most things in it, I cant even stand to use the new verify anymore. For me it is essentially worthless as in order for it to give the same detail/resolution as the verify in X6 it takes much longer to show the part.

I understand how it helps people with bigger parts since I have had a few very large files which wouldn't verify on the old verify but will on the new one.

It seems like to me it would have been smarter to release the new verify so that people could choose to use it like the old backplot.

I am using the old backplot and praying I don't have a gouge or an issue that's unseen since the new verify is pretty much useless for me, I really wish I could do the same thing with verify.

Having seen people that have defended it also use Vericut I guess I can understand where they aren't that upset by it since it pretty much eliminates the need for verify.

As for the comments that they are simply after maintenance dollars, if that's the case then they are going about it wrong, because no one at my company is even using X7 other than me based on issues with verify, this is the first time ever I am finding myself trying to justify maintenance on Mastercam to the powers that be.

Anyhow.. hopefully X7 will improve with more maintenance updates (and hopefully I wont be stuck without maintenance)

Ok, gave X7 SP2 another chance...

Fresh install, no migration. Not a great puter by today's standards but: Quadro 4000, Windoze 7, 8 Gig Ram.

Everything seems to werk fine until you want to exit out of verify and then everything just locks up :thumbdown: Open task manager to stop the verify session and that causes the message: MasterCam Is Restarting

Any Idea? I'd really like to get this fixed :rant:

Ok, gave X7 SP2 another chance...

Fresh install, no migration. Not a great puter by today's standards but: Quadro 4000, Windoze 7, 8 Gig Ram.

Everything seems to werk fine until you want to exit out of verify and then everything just locks up :thumbdown: Open task manager to stop the verify session and that causes the message: MasterCam Is Restarting

Any Idea? I'd really like to get this fixed :rant:

are you positive that your account has read/write privledges to all mastercam related files/folders?

I have been using X7 since the Beta, and although I am able to use it and I like most things in it, I cant even stand to use the new verify anymore. For me it is essentially worthless as in order for it to give the same detail/resolution as the verify in X6 it takes much longer to show the part.

I understand how it helps people with bigger parts since I have had a few very large files which wouldn't verify on the old verify but will on the new one.

It seems like to me it would have been smarter to release the new verify so that people could choose to use it like the old backplot.

I am using the old backplot and praying I don't have a gouge or an issue that's unseen since the new verify is pretty much useless for me, I really wish I could do the same thing with verify.

Having seen people that have defended it also use Vericut I guess I can understand where they aren't that upset by it since it pretty much eliminates the need for verify.

As for the comments that they are simply after maintenance dollars, if that's the case then they are going about it wrong, because no one at my company is even using X7 other than me based on issues with verify, this is the first time ever I am finding myself trying to justify maintenance on Mastercam to the powers that be.

Anyhow.. hopefully X7 will improve with more maintenance updates (and hopefully I wont be stuck without maintenance)

EXACTLY!!! I use Vericut and thank God I have it at my disposal, other wise I would be very frightened, I couldnt have said it better myself. :clap:

One thing I think CNC software should pay close attention to is with every release more and more of their customers seem to be running out of patience with the bugs. I had been pretty vocal around when X3 was coming out and things never got better and I just gave up. I believe a lot of CNC's customers have some serious contempt for the upper management at CNC and how things are being run regarding the reliability of their software. With every release I am seeing more long time Mastercam fanbois starting to express frustration at the bugs... If I had a friend getting ready to start a shop came to me and asked what cam package to buy I would not tell them to look at Mastercam first. it would be on the list, but not first. If I was starting over from scratch I would probably NOT buy Mastercam and I'll bet a lot of other current Mastercam customers share this sentiment.

I know all software is buggy but Mastercam takes the cake. I recently bought Vericut and spent more than double what I paid for my Mastercam level three license. It is one fantastic piece of software and I have zero complaints about the functionality, reliability, or customer service. It is a great addition to the shop and owning it produces a very tangible return with respect to work flow and efficiency. See CNC, it can be done. Complex software can be made to run reliably, it just has to be a priority. Cost isn't the issue here, it is what I am getting in return for the cost. Continue to take your customers for granted and your competition will be kicking your @ss in ten years. I will change my CAM package just to spite you.

I am one of your customers and I am tired of feeling like a first class, maintenance paying SUCKER!

• Like 2