Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Top of Stock & WCS

jeffl

We have been having issues lately with the "Top of Stock" under Linking parameters for drill operations. The value in the defaults file is set to absolute 0, but when a new drill operation is created the value comes in as a negative number. This seems to have something to do with the WCS because the value changes depending on which WCS is set. If the TOP WCS is set, the value seems to be 0, but it changes on any other WCS. If we reload the defaults by pressing the green arrow floppy, the values reset and match the default absolute 0. I'm not sure why the defaults need to be reloaded on a new operation?... That's why we have defaults. Maybe we are missing something, but the "top of stock" needs to be "0" 99% of the time no matter which WCS we are in. Is there a way to make sure the "top of stock" always defaults to the default value no matter which WCS is selected?

post-1055-0-19555200-1377283406_thumb.jpg

If you put 0.0 then hit the blue floppy it will save that as default.

You would think this would be the simple solution, but as I stated, the default file is already set to 0 and if I reload the defaults(green arrow) the value changes to 0 like it should.

I know what you're talking about. I was having the same problem in X6, but untill I read your post I hadn't realized that the problem had gone away. Say the top of your stock is 0, and you create a drill cycle and the value in the top of stock box pops in at, like, -13.5546, or some total bs number?

I just figured it was an X6 glitch that got fixed. But you're having the problem in X7?

OK, I think I have figured out where the top of stock values are coming from now. There was an old stl file that mastercam was reading for stock setup. The stl file was from an old part which explains why the top of stock number was incorrect. The only thing that still doesn't make sense is why the values would change after reloading the defaults. Maybe the default top of stock values are only used if there is no stock setup established?