Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hot_chip

Just a quick question on how far out do you normally stick your stock out of the chuck when you decide to use a tailstock? This is just a general question for general turning, I know the answer would change if I wanted to make a tooth pick out of 1" stock... I was tginking it would be about 5:1 ratio?

Good palce to start.

Just 1 thing, Make sure you run a point toolpath before and after any toolpath when you have a tailstock involved. The lathe rapids in a dogleg motion and it can/will hit the livecenter going to and from a toolpath.

the points are added to the geometry and used as rapid moves. THey are place above the end of the part, about 2 in is a good starting point.

Pick the point in the point toolpath, do the normal toolpath, pick the same point(S) in the point toolpath to go home.

got the idea?

That will help to keep a crash out of your program.

Machineguy