Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic Milling with open pocket

Is there a way to get 2D Highspeed Dynamic milling motion on an open pocket. I want the tool to start outside the material and work it's way in like the old 2D open pocket method but I want to use a dynamic cutting motion. In the picture below I need to remove material inside the red geometry. The green geometry is my stock. I would like the tool to plunge off the material and works it's way in.

DYNAMIC.png

Just be aware there are some geometry shapes that will just no work, it cuts outside instead of inside. When I encounter those, I use Dynamic Area but I build and entry area off of my geometry and create an entry point and set my helix to 90 degrees

Actually the dynamic chaining in x5 was a bit of a brain teaser. In X6 they introduced the whole machining/avoidance region ndialog. I'd stick to Dynamic core for outside-in situations, dynamic area for closed pockets and features, dynamic rest, and dynamic contour. Anything with the word Dynamic. Peel is much improved for x7, I generally only use it for slot situations. Also the filter settings are you best friend for everything.

For some feed and speed suggestions, check the database in my signature below.

hth

• Like 1

Here are a couple Youtube of some stuff I did the other day.

Both of the videos were shot on a Fadal Mill. We can't use Highspeed toolpaths on our machine is something I hear a lot. You cannot use those toolpaths in the real world. This was real cut and not a CGI thing I got a hot chip on my arm standing 10 feet away from the machine.

• Like 1