Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic Milling with open pocket

Geeze louise...

• Deflection is fair amount, floor was rather ratty but it was a cutout. With this engagement, your loading the whole length of the tool, not just the end. Much closer to the holder, and ideally almost on the shank vs. flutes.
  • .015 for finish on walls was fine.
  • Ran 15 parts, 3:30 (ish) cycle time each. Tool got a bit noisy, but didn't break. We actually were trying to break it, but ran out of parts. It didn't look bad however. (tool)

For aluminum, I was thinking of making a post with G00 instead of G01 :D :D

I just ran a job making 200 pieces of 304L ss. the part started 1 1/2" think x 2" wide x 3" long. finished at 1 1/8" x 1 1/2" x 2 1/2". I was running a 1/2" VG531 from OSG. running at 6000 rpm and 90ipm. only used 2 for roughing and 2 for finishing on the whole job. we quoted 60 mins each part and I managed to cut the cycle time down to 27 mins per part. the boss was very skeptical about buy the tooling for this job and even more skeptical about if we could deliver on time. but I told him to trust me I had some tricks I learned from the internet that I wanted to try. so when I programmed this job I used the dynamic database as a starting point and all the hints and tricks I could find on the dynamic tool paths and just trusted my instincts and pushed the machine as much as I thought it could go. then I pushed it even farther. when we finished the job 1 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule and 12000$ under the quoted price the boss is now a believer and said to buy more of these great cutters and use these high speed tool paths every where I can. if you are not using these tool paths to the fullest your machine can do you are leaving tons of money on the table and all that money could be your x-mas bonus that you don't get. that's how I look at it. for every dollar I through away is a dollar I don't get in my check. this thread has taught me some more great tricks to save time programing and make better more efficient programs. I have to thank everyone for all the info I have found and I hope more people learn from all the great help there is here.

• Like 2

Awesome and what a great things to read. That is the very thing I keep talking about and thank you for going with your instincts. Makes me want to go after more and more shops on my own.

Look to the Rego-fix powRgrip holders. They are pretty impressive. Invest in the right holders folks and the right tools and they will pay for themselves in no time. I know of companies they have seen a 3 month roi on this system.

http://www.rego-fix....-powrgripr.html

You can get really secure with the secuRgrip system.

http://www.rego-fix....securgripr.html

Those going to Westec need to stop by Schenk Intertech booth and see it in action. Tell them I told you to stop by and say hello.

• 2 weeks later...

have to post our video:

I like it. I noticed on the first part it was attacking the part in sections. Is that just programmed different areas to avoid air cutting? I typically would chain the whole part and I notice I get lots of air cutting if I'm on climb only. Your video gave me some ideas. Appreciate it. Thanks

Hertz, yes I use that approach a lot. Isolate the area you also have the option in Opticore to tell it pockets or depths when using that toolpath. Pockets will force it to stay in one area and do all the work there. Depth will work the part down equally just depends on the part and the process as to what gives you the results you are after.

HTH