Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CT (New England: MA, CT, RI) - Mastercam User Group

scooke4073

I'm trying to get a user group established for the Connecticut area. I've been meaning to get this organized since the open house at CNC but have been pretty busy. Basically I'm just reaching out to see if there is enough interest out there to get this thing started.

I work at Mazak and I have already secured the use of our Northeast Technology Center. I have had contact with CNC and they are more than willing to help get this thing running. I know we would be able to get guest speakers and what not.

The basic concept is to provide a place for Mastercam users to get together to hone our skills and network. It would be open to all experience levels because I firmly believe that everyone has something to bring to the table.

So let me know if you would be interested so we can begin to take the steps necessary to get this thing going!

Thanks,

Shawn Cooke

Might want to check and see if the local "resellers" might not want to get involved

Were I still there, I would certainly offer up some of my time

I definitely want to get Cimquest involved. I just figured this would get the ball rolling. I'll wait to see how much interest this generates.

For anyone that is interested, this User Group is an in-person meeting, hosted by one of our local Mazak Applications Engineers. If you can make the drive, you are invited.

Anyone is welcome to join us, but it looks like the meetings will be held somewhere near the Hartford, CT area. (Windsor Locks? - Can you let us know Shawn?)

We can talk about pretty much anything Mastercam related, with a focus on answering your Toolpath or "how do I?" type questions.

Any thoughts on the date for the first meeting?

Yes, Windsor Locks. Our Technology Center is very close to Bradley Airport.

I'm not sure about a date for the first meeting. I'm going to make contact with local resellers to see if they could contact their customer base. Once we figure out a rough headcount I can nail down a definite date. We would have food + drink and possibly (depending on machine availability) demos and general machining technology info.

• 4 months later...

The gears have already been set into motion. After discussion with a few people at CNC it was suggested (by CNC) that afternoon typically works best.. I've never been involved in anything like this before so I'm going to listen to the advice of someone who has.

I'm always open for suggestion. I completely understand if people can't take time off of work for this session....but I've also played hooky in the past for the sake of professional development.

I guess we will see what the turnout looks like and heed any and all constructive criticism.

Focusing on dynamic toolpaths. There will be presentations along with cutting demonstrations on a few of the machines we have in our technology center. We have a QTS250 that will be doing dynamic turning and a couple of VCU 400s that will be doing dynamic milling toolpaths. Maybe a few more machines in the mix if we have the time.

There will be refreshments, opportunities to network and Q/A time with some of the folks at CNC Software.