Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

program issue(sim not found)

jbelle7435

Well start with the obvious. Do you have a hasp key? Is the driver software installed on your computer?

No hasp key and I did not install this driver software yet...

Make sure that nhasp.exe is not set to Nethasp,

is the program your referring to nhaspx.exe ?. If so I set it to SIM type: HASP then select OK and it says "There is not a HASP on this computer, you maybe not able to start mastercam next time"

a hasp is a hardware lock

it looks like a USB flash drive and plugs into a usb port.

Mastercam will not run without it.

Your other option is the Mastercam home learning edition.

You can check with your local Mastercam dealer or purchase a

Mastercam tutorial from the book store on this website. Most contain a copy of Mastercam HLE

a hasp is a hardware lock

it looks like a USB flash drive and plugs into a usb port.

Mastercam will not run without it.

Your other option is the Mastercam home learning edition.

You can check with your local Mastercam dealer or purchase a

Mastercam tutorial from the book store on this website. Most contain a copy of Mastercam HLE

OK so the answer is I am able to Download mastercamX7 from their website plus a bunch of other stuff EXCEPT I need this USB Flashdriver described as the HASP. So without this USB I can not run MastercamX7 ever??? Even a Trial version...?

I'm thinking he didn't buy a seat of mc. Just downloaded it of the website.

I have a working copy at my job and wanted to do some trial and error at home. I did download it and it seems I need to puchase serials, hasp USB drives, etc to get it running, right?

Does it make sense they have it to download but where do they tell you to purchase this HASP?

Sorry that is pretty much like any software that you have to purchase. Some use different processes to prove you own it. Some use a licence file or some use a code Mastercam uses a USB device called a HASP. Sorry that has seemed to escaped your thought process. The is a Home Learning Edition HLE so you can do what you are asking to do. Have your company contact your Mastercam dealer and they will be glad to help you et a copy of it. Good luck in your process and good to see someone wanting to learn it at home.

You can bring the hasp home from your job if your employer has no objections

but your best bet is to obtain a copy of X7 HLE. It was built just for what you are trying to do

and requires no hasp to function.

Your dealer may give you a copy or you can get one by purchasing

an X7 tutorial from this website

Sorry that is pretty much like any software that you have to purchase. Some use different processes to prove you own it. Some use a licence file or some use a code Mastercam uses a USB device called a HASP. Sorry that has seemed to escaped your thought process. The is a Home Learning Edition HLE so you can do what you are asking to do. Have your company contact your Mastercam dealer and they will be glad to help you et a copy of it. Good luck in your process and good to see someone wanting to learn it at home.

Ok so at work tomorrow, I'll assume at this moment I am using my version off our network because I don't think I have a USB dangle thing in my tower! Then I can contact them for an "At home" version which would be nice to have for more practice.

Thank you.

Might hear from me soon as I am going to be using this program for WEDM! I got the CAD part down but now its the CAM part I will be jumping into. Some YouTube videos got me going in some direction...