Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Optirest toolpaths getting dirty from subsequent operations

Matthew

I'm having trouble with some Optirest toolpaths going dirty from subsequent operations.

I'll program a typical part for an "OP-10". This will consist of Opticore, Optirest, Horizontal, Waterline and various drilling toolpaths.

I'll then create a new toolpath group call "OP-20", either a new toolpath group, or a new machine group, doesn't matter I still have the same issue.

I'll use a few stock models to rotate my stock model to an "OP-20" position (as described in a previous post about rotating stock models from Josh).

Then I'll start create operations to machine the second side of the part. I'll use Opticore, Optirest, Horizontal and Waterline toolpaths to get the part mostly completed. The problem I'm finding is that creating some of these operations will cause OptiRest toolpaths in the OP10 group to go dirty, thereby making my stock models dirty. This will happen most times I make a change to some of these OP20 toolpaths.

Currently the best way I've found around this is to create all my OP10 toolpaths, get my program to a point where I'm ready to program OP20 with my stock models repositioned for that operation, then I resave my file as an OP-20 file, delete all the OP10 toolpaths (which fortunately does not dirty the necessary stock models) and then program my OP20 from there.

Does anyone else notice this happening and have a way around it with having to break up the files?

Thanks,

Matt.

I uncovered something this morning with the Opti... paths. I sent it in. We'll see what they say. Last couple of issues have been "fixed in the next MU release..."

Not anything catastrophic, just more of a nuiscance.