Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis starting point

Vikingdane

Hi

For the past few days I've been messing around with the rotary toolpath, and so far I have been able to apply it without any major problems.

Here's my problem: When I generate the toolpath and want to verify it, the tool starts at the chuck and moves towards the origin.

How can I change the starting point so the tool starts from the origin and moves in the X positive direction?

-Thomas

4TH AXIS TEST.MCX-7

You'll find that you have more control of the toolpath using the multiaxis instead of rotary 4.

Here is your file running a morph between curves, using the drive surface for the tool axis control,...

The order you select the morph curves determines the direction of the cut.

For heavy roughing it usually works better if you lock the rotary in position and surface mill as much material as can be reached from that position.

By locking the rotary you will have more rigid setup.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was going for :)

I was a bit confused at first because I couldn't open the parameters (I got an error where it reset all the parameters to default. But I found the toolpath you were talking and it all worked out.

I have a couple more questions if you don't mind:

Which toolpath would you use to rough the part?

What would the rotary toolpath be better for?

-Thomas