Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 8.1

gcode

Is anybody using Windows 8 for their CAD/CAM computer?

I tried it for about 6 months and ended up going back to Win7.

I have a WIn8 tablet that I really like though.

Monday night I tried to update it to Win8.1.

The first attempt wouldn't even start, the second seemed to go well , but hung at 80%.

I thought I'd bricked my tablet for a while.

After backing out of the upgrade neither the touch screen nor the keyboard functioned.

It took me all night to recover from that. I had to hook up a USP hub

so I could run a mouse and the USB recovery flash drive at the same time.

I don't think I'll be trying that again anytime soon LOL

What kind? I have one with Android, but thinkin' to change. ;)

Do you use it for....?

Its an Acer W510.. Its about a year old and obsolete, but WAY faster than the high end Azus Android tablet

I used to run.

I use it for light web surfing/email and as a Kindle.

I'd like to get one that supports my Verizon 4G, but nobody's making Win8 4G tablets yet.

I was hoping the new Surface2 would support 4G.

I may switch to a 10" Samsung /Verizon Adroid, if they have some good specials this Christmas.

On a similar subject, my wife just upgraded her Droid Razr Maxx to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and she loves it.

Gcode I have the Note 2 and it has been the best phone ever. I think the wife would shoot me to update to the Note 3 as I got mine about 6 months ago..

I can't renew till March 2014..

Right now I think I'll get a Note3, but I'm sure they'll have some thing better, faster, cooler by then :laughing:

G I did the Win 8.1 on one of my systems at home and all went well. I still think I like the original better in some ways. The store is more of a pain to find something. Mastercam runs well on it thouigh. I have 17 systems in our sales office on Win 8 now and no complaints. I did install Start 8 on all of them though.

Foghorn were did you order it from? and you will like it.So you know with the drivers that come with it the motion is different compared to say if you had the Navigator drivers in all ready. the new drivers for it have a faster and smoother motion out of the box. but the button options are a little clunky at this time to set.

you can use the Navigator drivers for it so you know.

I did a quick review here.

https://www.facebook...&type=1