Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Monitor

Maynard Thibault

I may be mistaken but I do believe you have to have an old style monochrome VGA monitor for the Emco F1 Mill. I looked at one of these where I helped at a training center a few years ago. You need to check the pinout for the display port. I think it is 8 pinout dsub. There is one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-PC7XV-KA-VGA-14-MONOCHROME-MONITOR-NORTHERN-HEMISPHERE-120V-FR-PC7XV-KA-/190261879097

They also sell Emco's on ebay you may be able to find parts.

• Like 1

I would check on the new LED screens I have seen some doing for the older monochrome screens. I know you can get them for the Mazak M-Plus control going all the way back to the early 90's. I know some shops who swear by using pre 2000 machines for production. Their machines are normally down 9 months of the year for repairs costing them on average $1.4 million in lost production, but they got a heck of a deal on the machines. :clap:

Their machines are normally down 9 months of the year for repairs costing them on average $1.4 million in lost production, but they got a heck of a deal on the machines.

Haha always makes me laugh. Man a monthly payment is nothing if the thing is running. Not to mention the huge cost of parts and labor on those pieces of machine tool history running. Every time I hear "it still make good parts" it drives me crazy. I usually reply, "so does a shaper and a drill press."

Mike

I would check on the new LED screens I have seen some doing for the older monochrome screens. I know you can get them for the Mazak M-Plus control going all the way back to the early 90's. I know some shops who swear by using pre 2000 machines for production. Their machines are normally down 9 months of the year for repairs costing them on average $1.4 million in lost production, but they got a heck of a deal on the machines. :clap:

Sounds kinda familiar Ron.