Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Finding angle between WCS and user defined WCS

SGarofolo

I asked years ago for the angle to show up in the View Manager next to the X,Y,Z but it never went anywhere. Using Geometry is about the best bet, but thinking about angels is perspective and from top, front or right view? Each one would Yield a different answer then going back to the Matrix do you want to know the total angle or the compound angle of 2 combinations or 3 combinations? Thing about information what specific information are you looking for? Then what will having that help you decide? Maybe something else that already exist will help you, but since we are not sure what you need hard to know.

A would think a base point might help. The angles are great between views but more often that not people do not have the origin of the view where they have the origin of their operation from. Might be nice if they could pick the base points of where they want each related too for the calucations. Other thing might be where are they in relation to Base or Starting WCS from TOP View. You have it one to the other, but what are they to the TOP? Have to grab TOP view and a View, but what are they to TOP?

Well, I just finished something. :)

Not good yet, but not bad also... ;)

It reads all planes into two colums and after selecting in both, it displays the angles between axis (X-X, Y-Y and Z-Z)

I'm not a math guru as I said, but it's something for start brainstorming and call all math gurus here... :D

Give a try and let's see where to move forward.

64bit NET-Hook:

https://db.tt/TsDQpuUZ

• Like 1