Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Crash when closing X7

MIKE_B

You are saying you open up Mastercam do nothing and close it and get a crash? You are programming all at the end of the day is crashes when you go to close it? A little more detail might help someone see what is going on. That is to vague a comment to see what might be going on to see what someone can do to help you solve the issue. No I can open and close Mastercam 20 times and it will not crash. I can programming in it all day and close and it will not crash when I close it. I have have it open for 21 days straight and close it and it does not crash. Have I crashed it yes just like all my other Windows programs, but like you have mentioned here no.

I see it sometimes as well, I have commented to QC on it but I have been able to find no factor that causes it

Doesn't happen all the time but if I have been open for a while or been working on a large file, I have noticed I can see it.

It has me thinking it's memory related but that's as close as I have gotten on it so far....

I (very)randomly get this too. Usually if MC was open for a long time.

(I have always for years, try to remember to close and reopen every hour or so, it fisses so many

lock ups and cache memory issues)

Ron, here is how I finish a job.

finish with file/save/save again (for duplicate back up) close X7, random crash report shows up

I believe Mike's issue is simple like that.

You are saying you open up Mastercam do nothing and close it and get a crash? You are programming all at the end of the day is crashes when you go to close it? A little more detail might help someone see what is going on. That is to vague a comment to see what might be going on to see what someone can do to help you solve the issue. No I can open and close Mastercam 20 times and it will not crash. I can programming in it all day and close and it will not crash when I close it. I have have it open for 21 days straight and close it and it does not crash. Have I crashed it yes just like all my other Windows programs, but like you have mentioned here no.

Ron and JP, are you on sp2 or MU1 beta 2?

If you both are on MU1 and one see's this and one does not

it may help for a solution or a Beta 3

Sorry for the delay getting back. I have been running X7 for about 3 weeks now. This issue just started out of the blue this week. Yes I can just open Mastercam, do nothing go to close it and it crashes. This happens every time.

This sounds like a config issue....

Go into your config folder and delete your config,restart and let Mastercam make a new one, see if it still does it