Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solidworks 2013 drawings in mastercam x5

Chuy Chacon

Hi everybody, I'm new in the forum and using mastercam and solidworks... I have solidworks 2013 and mastercam X5, and I was wondering how to open the solidworks parts in mastercam x5, I know I can save them as .IGES or .DWG (autocad) and open them in mastercam x5 but when it comes to start the program for milling, I cannot select any line neither the center of any hole, any idea of what's happening or any suggestion? Thanks!

and how do I set the version output lower? :question: sorry for the question Im new hehe

I'm doing this in X6 because I don't have X5 Installed

Go to

Setting/Configuration/Converters and look at the "SaveAs Parasolid" drop-down.

The biggest number available is the highest parasolid version Mastercam will support.

For X6 MU3 I see 23.1.

Now go to SolidWorks and open the model you wish to export

Hit Save As

and change the filetype dropdown to X_B (Parasolid Binary) then click on the Options Button

Up at the top change the Output as Version drop down to the number you saw in Mastercam

When you save the file, it should come into Mastercam as a solid model

If you have your Autocursor setting right, you should have no trouble picking holes or corners

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the solidworks - mastercam solids again :S, the highest version of parasolid my mastercam X5 supports is 21.0 , I save my solids as parasolid binary 21.0 but when it comes to choose the chain for programming it doesn't let me choose any line. I've already try changing mastercam parasolid version to 20.0 and saving in solidworks as 20.0 but it's not working, what could it be?

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the solidworks - mastercam solids again :S, the highest version of parasolid my mastercam X5 supports is 21.0 , I save my solids as parasolid binary 21.0 but when it comes to choose the chain for programming it doesn't let me choose any line. I've already try changing mastercam parasolid version to 20.0 and saving in solidworks as 20.0 but it's not working, what could it be?

If you save it as a step file then there is no need to change version.